Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Fury: "I don't give Khan, Pacquiao, or anybody a chance against Mayweather."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto wasn't ready for Floyd, Arums words after Mayweather beat the breaks off Gatti.
    Floyd tried to fight Mosley when he was up and coming. Mosley outbid myself asking for 8 million when he knew Mayweather didn't have that type of money then. He also tried to fight Mosley on another occasion and Mosley had a toothache,suggested he fight Oscar.
    Manny said "no" to Mayweather when he refused the testing with the 14 day-off. Roach even admits to it on video and it's still spun into, Mayweather ducked Pac.
    Floyd and Sergio were never in the same weight class. That fight never happened for the same reason PAC would never fight him, size advantage Sergio.
    Last edited by HAVISJ; 12-07-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kadena View Post
      You don't believe he ducked Margarito?
      No and that video doesn't prove anything at all really.

Especially the clip with Bob Arum. Interviewed just after Mayweather left him. I mean, come on. The stuff about Floyd looking around, as if it was because of Margarito That's just desperate. He was probably just bored answering questions.

Floyd has a history of going after the best guys, like he did with Hernandez and Corrales at SFW, then moved straight up to face Jose Luis Castillo, then moved further up to face Judah (after a meh stint at 140, then people said he wasn't a champ before he faced Baldomir so he fought him. People asked why he didn't fight Hatton, he fought him. Same with DLH who he'd been calling out for 4 years at that point. Then faced the guy that absolutely smashed Margarito.

Mayweather is a business man. He goes where the money is. I understand there's some hate for him etc. but honestly, who do you think would have made him the most money, Hatton/DLH or Margarito? The former of course. Margarito beat Cotto, who then lost to pacquaio, Margarito then lost to Mosley who fought Floyd (and who people were claiming he also ducked).

The only guy people have a legitimate claim for Floyd ducking, is Pacquiao.

Anyway, my post was about him actually having a chance of beating Mayweather. He would have been Gatti'd for sure and then people would have said he ducked baldomir/dlh/hatton to fight bum Margarito.
      Last edited by LacedUp; 12-07-2014, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
        Cotto wasn't ready for Floyd, Arums words after Mayweather beat the breaks off Gatti.
        Floyd tried to fight Mosley when he was up and coming. Mosley outbid myself asking for 8 million when he knew Mayweather didn't have that type of money then. He also tried to fight Mosley on another occasion and Mosley had a toothache,suggested he fight Oscar.
        Manny said "no" to Mayweather when he refused the testing with the 14 day-off. Roach even admits to it on video and it's still spun into, Mayweather ducked Pac.
        Floyd and Sergio were never in the same weight class. That fight never happened for the same reason PAC would never fight him, size advantage Sergio.
        Wrong! Those were Arums words while promoting the Floyd vs Gatti fight. Arum said that Cotto will fight Floyd in 1 to 1.5 years and is the guy that can dethrone Floyd. Remember that Arum likes in house fights. So you know that they would fight .... but then Floyd left.

In 2007/2008, Floyd said no to fighting Cotto.

Floyd said he wanted to fight a prime Mosley but that is different than actually doing it. See, if it was more than just words, then Floyd would have moved up years early to the WW division but he didn't. Like I said, all talk.
        As for the years later, Mosley said that he already fought twice and wanted the fight delayed a few months due to planned vacations. Floyd said no!!!
        Floyd said no to Mosley from that moment to 2009. Floyd fought Mosley when he called him OLD!

"Floyd and Sergio were never in the same weight class"???? Floyd fought Oscar in 2007. Sergio called him out after that. Floyd fought Cotto then Canelo too ..... but never Sergio. So Floyd is only in the weight division when he says so?

Too many roadblocks to believe Floyd really wanted to fight Manny. Just like the rest, it will only happen when Floyd believes that Manny is past his prime just enough so that he can't do what he could in 2009/2010

Last edited by ADP02; 12-07-2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Hes so elite that he wouldnt fight Sergio Martinez with a bad leg? He wont fight GGG cos hes too big? He cherry picks Maidana as he came off of a amazing win over the great Broner?

TBE The best excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Hes so elite that he wouldnt fight Sergio Martinez with a bad leg? He wont fight GGG cos hes too big? He cherry picks Maidana as he came off of a amazing win over the great Broner?

TBE The best excuses.
            Well, let's not try and rewrite history. GGG wasn't even in the Mayweather conversation in May. Maidana and Khan were the only realistic options and pretty much everyone on this site said they wanted Maidana.

he then had a controversial - in some eyes, not in mine - win over Maidana and people said he'd duck the rematch. He then fought the rematch and beat him every round and now it's turned into a cherrypick?

Come on.

Comment

Working...
            X