Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearbox turned down offer to develop Call of Duty game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn't been the same since CoD4. I was hyped for Ghosts, mainly because I'll be playing with 2 mates I haven't played with since Black Ops 1. But after watching a few videos, looks like Modern Warfare 3 but worse. Quick scoping hasn't gone, snipers are stronger now than any previous game and player health is going to be shit.

I do find IW make a better go of things then Treyarch though, can't be as bad as BO2...

Comment

I used to like GoD until folks started acting like it was a realistic game. Truth is (for me anyway), I play video games to get as far away from reality as I can. Which is why I like Halo, but not only cause of the online play. The story line was magnetic to me far before that.

Anyway in what real world do you get shot, die, and respawn good as new?? Not in this one. It's the fans of the game that turned me off to it. "Realistic". It's a game for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I used to like GoD until folks started acting like it was a realistic game. Truth is (for me anyway), I play video games to get as far away from reality as I can. Which is why I like Halo, but not only cause of the online play. The story line was magnetic to me far before that.

Anyway in what real world do you get shot, die, and respawn good as new?? Not in this one. It's the fans of the game that turned me off to it. "Realistic". It's a game for a reason.
        That's not just COD, that's like, nearly every online shooter since the dawn of online shooters. Who the **** wants to play an online shooter where when you die once you're out of the game for good?

Better yet : Who points out that you respawn when you die in an online FPS as a legitimate criticism of it?

"Yeah, man - That game totally sucked. Some guy killed me online and instead of me being dead forever I just had to wait 5 seconds and it put me right back in the heat of the battle. ****ing lame, bro...I really wanted to sit there for the next 10 minutes watching everybody else have fun, but this stupid ****ing game let me play again."

Comment

CoD 1 till MW2 was AMAZING. They constantly made great changes and designed great maps. Black Ops 1 was good because it was different but not as good as previous CoDs for their time. MW3 is what ruined everyones perception of the CoD genre because BF3 came out and the jump from BF2 or BC2 to BF3 was HUGE. It had beautifully designed maps, a lot of depth and many different modes that worked. CoD never really did that after MW2, all the changes they made were very minimal, especially in regards to the jump from MW2 to MW3 which seemed like purely a map update rather than an entirely new game. Black Ops 2 was good in some regards because they did make it harder to get crazy spray downs and made it SLIGHTLY tougher but its still a pretty damn easy game, in which I just want the perks/killstreaks to be toned down because it gets to a point where you can't move around anywhere without getting ****ed by **** you can't see.

They have MILKED the CoD genre dry, Titanfall looks to be this generations CoD in terms of popularity. CoD is lucky it went on for as long as it did. I feel as though they should make a CoD every 2 years instead of having one release every year because it will give them more time to graphically acclimate it to the generation and come up with new ideas.

BF4 looks to be going the same path slowly but even BF4 made some nice graphical changes. I have to admit I LOVED the Call of Duty single player, no other game in its genre beats it in that regard, even though it is really short.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            That's not just COD, that's like, nearly every online shooter since the dawn of online shooters. Who the **** wants to play an online shooter where when you die once you're out of the game for good?

Better yet : Who points out that you respawn when you die in an online FPS as a legitimate criticism of it?

"Yeah, man - That game totally sucked. Some guy killed me online and instead of me being dead forever I just had to wait 5 seconds and it put me right back in the heat of the battle. ****ing lame, bro...I really wanted to sit there for the next 10 minutes watching everybody else have fun, but this stupid ****ing game let me play again."
            Yup, just come on wit the made up crap bro, seriously. Miss the entire point of my post and add your own $h!t huh?? I'm not criticizing the game for that. The point was it's a video game. And people shouldn't act like something it's not. Which is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

Actually, one of my favorite game modes in MW 1 and 2 was Search and Destroy, where everyone does only get one life. It was awesome, it's the only time you knew every player was going to use teamwork and actual strategy.

It might suck with the newer games, I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Yup, just come on wit the made up crap bro, seriously. Miss the entire point of my post and add your own $h!t huh?? I'm not criticizing the game for that. The point was it's a video game. And people shouldn't act like something it's not. Which is realistic.
                You tried to use respawning as a legitimate criticism of the game's realism. Which, as I already pointed out, is absurd.

Video games aren't meant to be realistic, they're meant to be an escape from reality.

Comment

Working...
                X