Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Rev. Jackson targeting the IT industry for lack of diversity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Rev. Jackson targeting the IT industry for lack of diversity?

It's widely recognized that the tech industry lacks diversity: About 1 in 14 tech workers is black or Latino, both in Silicon Valley and nationally. Blacks and Hispanics make up 13.1 and 16.9 percent of the U.S. population, respectively, according to the most recent census data(Associated Press MARTHA MENDOZA and JESSE WASHINGTON )

From USA Today, "90% of Twitter's tech staff is male, 88% white or Asian."

What do you guys think my fellow BSceners?

Is it racism?

Is it lack of blacks and latinos going into these fields?

Surely it can't be racism if nearly 50% of Twitter are Asians?

Surely it can't be racism if the majority of players in the NFL and NBA are black?

Is the NFL and NBA racist towards Asians and Latinos ? They are if we go by Rev. Jackson's mentality.

What do y'all think?

That fool is a joke. Fck him

Comment

just trying to get attention.

Comment

Another sign of a petty, divided, shallow society. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

Lack of diversity? Huh? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton always blame other people when the answer is already in their fucking face. To them the only people of color are only black or Latino.

Comment

Jesse Jackson is an idiot... Him and al sharpton are nothing more than media created opportunists.. Why news organizations report on these guys is beyond me.. There is about a million better black leaders to chose from, but sharpton and Jesse create controversy which brings ratings.. Same thing with rush, oreilly, hannity, etc..

Comment

All over the world where people are killing each other the most diligently are in places of diversity.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rust Cohle View Post
                  Lack of diversity? Huh? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton always blame other people when the answer is already in their fucking face. To them the only people of color are only black or Latino.

To Sharpton & co., the only type of diversity is the one that includes black folk.

As has already been said - it's not down to racism because Asians have no problem getting into this industry. They certainly haven't succeeded due to Affirmative Action, they just take education very seriously and it pays off for them. And on the issue of Affirmative Action, it's not just whites who will be against it in this case. Asians are massively overly-represented in that particular field (I.T.). Asians are, what, about 6% of the US population? Yet I bet they're at least 40% of the I.T. industry in the USA. It is they who will suffer the most if racial quotas are implemented.

Comment

Whatever happened to the best man for the job.

Comment

Working...
                    X