Will you go watch "The Fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you go watch "The Fighter"

when it comes out this Friday ?

A look at the early years of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward and his brother who helped train him before going pro in the mid 1980s.

Of course !
    80.00%
    I'm not paying any money to see this
    0.00%
    I will wait till I can stream it online
    12.00%
    Not Interested at all.
    8.00%

yes...Sunday evening after the Raiders game...my girl thinks we're watching that train movie with Denzel but she's in for a surprise when she sees the ticket stubs

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      yes...Sunday evening after the Raiders game...my girl thinks we're watching that train movie with Denzel but she's in for a surprise when she sees the ticket stubs
      good move, nice work.

Comment

I'll watch it when it comes to HBO. Not a big Ward fan.

Comment

Absolutely. Saw the preview a couple months back and the story looked great. Boxers, because of their background, typically have the best story. I'm sort of curious to see how they work in the fight storylines and what background info they have to offer. Really glad to see a modern boxer not named Tyson get some light on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Absolutely. Saw the preview a couple months back and the story looked great. Boxers, because of their background, typically have the best story. I'm sort of curious to see how they work in the fight storylines and what background info they have to offer. Really glad to see a modern boxer not named Tyson get some light on the big screen.
            I feel like it's a slap to the face to Arturo Gatti, the movie is. The guy just died a year ago, and you would think they would make a movie based on him before Ward. But no, they made a movie of the fighter that Gatti became famous against. My wording is not right, but if you get where i'm coming from. You know, all i'm saying is I think the movie should have been starring a Gatti character. Like if you're going to make a movie of Ward make it years later...not just right after Gatti dies. Am I alone on this?

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              I feel like it's a slap to the face to Arturo Gatti, the movie is. The guy just died a year ago, and you would think they would make a movie based on him before Ward. But no, they made a movie of the fighter that Gatti became famous against. My wording is not right, but if you get where i'm coming from. You know, all i'm saying is I think the movie should have been starring a Gatti character. Like if you're going to make a movie of Ward make it years later...not just right after Gatti dies. Am I alone on this?

they probably started filming the movie before GAtti even died

Comment

is it really coming out this friday? because everywhere online says December 10th (friday) but i see the goddamn commercial 5 times a night and they always say December 17th. its been f**kin my head up.

Either way i'll be there but i'm hoping to go Friday

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg were already hanging out at the Wildcard Gym (studying boxers' moves, etc) in preparation for the film before Gatti died.

This video was posted April 2009 (while Gatti's death was July 2009)

Comment

Me and my brother plan on catching this flick real soon, he’s more excited about the movie then I am and he’s not even a hardcore boxing fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X