Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you more excited for Khan vs. Maidana or Alexander vs. Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The matchups are equally fascinating to me. Can't wait for both.

Comment

alexander-bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
        And since boxing is as much a cockfight as it is anything else, it's frightening to hit a guy with your best shots and never seeing him back down. Something Khan is gonna feel in December.
        Not if you're a boxer, only if you're a slugger. If you're a boxer it doesn't matter whether your opponent can take your best shot, all that matters is outboxing them. Kotelnik easily took Khan's best shots but he lost by a mile. Mosley easily took Mayweather's best shot but he lost by a mile. Almost everyone easily took Whittaker's best shots and Pep's best shots, but they are both ATGs, something Maidana will never get close to being. And none of their fights resembled a ****-fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
          Just the fact that these guys don't understand how dangerous Maidana is makes me more excited for this fight lol.

On the flip side though, Khan's improved a lot since Prescott and I don't think we've ever seen him at his best, because nobody's brought it out of him yet.

So that's another thing also that makes this fight very interesting.
          Exactly, imo its either gunna be Khan by UD or Maidana by TKO

Originally posted by Double A 215 View Post
          I'm still tryna figure out who or what Alexander is... He's surely athletic and talented overall, but I'm not sure he's ready for this kind of step up in class... I guess we'll soon see... In Bradley's last 5-6 fights, he's been in every kind of war that you can think of against quality opposition... After watching the Kotelik fight, I thought Devon needed another competitive fight or two before fighting Bradley, who would dance circles around the very gritty Kotelnik and probably shut out Urango, who are DA's top two names...

Khan-Maidana should be a serious action fight with plenty at stake... Khan is building a brand and this would be a great notch on his belt toward the growth of that status... Maidana beating Khan gives him the World Class status that he is longing for... These two guys are gonna lay it all on the line IMO
          Too right, Both guys desperate for the win, both guys looking for the KO

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
          I am WAY more excited for KHAN vs. Maidana for some reason. I think its going to be a classic war.
          Very intretsing fight

Comment

Originally posted by da beatdown View Post
            Exactly...They swear he's gonna land the perfect punch, and when he doesnt?
            Maidana is not and never was a one-punch KO merchant. He's a very good pressure fighter. At some stage he will hurt Khan, I'd bet all my points on that. Everything depends on how well Khan reacts when he's hurt. If he can clinch and block effectively until his head clears, he can get a UD. If he doesn't, he'll lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
              I am more excited for Khan vs. Maidana because I do not think it will go the distance. Bradley vs. Alexander should be a great fight to but I think it will go to the judges.
              A lot of the greatest fights in history went the distance including a majority of The Ring's fights of the year. And in any case, if Khan wins, it will almost certainly be by UD.

I'm equally excited by both fights. It's ridiculous how many people have written off Alexander based on one bad night. All boxers have occasional bad nights, and in any case, styles make fights. This won't be an easy fight for Bradley.
              Last edited by Dave Rado; 10-06-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Khan and Maidana because of the contrasting styles and the fact that Bradley is really starting to annoy me.

For Khan and Maidana, I am leaning towards Maidana, but I really just want to see a good fight.

For Alexander and Bradley, I hope Devon knocks Bradley the fuck out.

I look more forward to fights where I like both guys, so I could be a little less bias. I usually favor someone, which gets old every now and then. That's why I can't wait for the Williams-Martinez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                  Khan and Maidana because of the contrasting styles and the fact that Bradley is really starting to annoy me.

For Khan and Maidana, I am leaning towards Maidana, but I really just want to see a good fight.

For Alexander and Bradley, I hope Devon knocks Bradley the fuck out.

I look more forward to fights where I like both guys, so I could be a little less bias. I usually favor someone, which gets old every now and then. That's why I can't wait for the Williams-Martinez fight.
                  That aint going to happen man. Bradley is way above alexander boxing wise. Youll see

Comment

Khan-Maidana.:wank:

It would have been Alexander-Bradley had it not been for the Kotelnik robbery

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
                      That aint going to happen man. Bradley is way above alexander boxing wise. Youll see
                      Were you saying that before Alexander's performance against Kotelnik?

Comment

Working...
                      X