Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chael Sonnen is right..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should get a rematch so he can lose faster this time. Losers lose and Winners, Win!

Comment

The term "dominate" gets thrown around quite loosely. He dominated the first round and clearly won the next three. He didn't do a lot of damage in the four rounds he did win going into the fifth. It looked to me as if he was more concerned with looking busy than inflicting damage. You guys should watch the fight again with the sound off

This is MMA. The fight lasts 25 minutes. The best fighter in those 25 minutes wins. Chael got tired, sloppy, had a mental lapse and got submitted in dramatic fashion. This isn't the first second third forth or fifth time.

With that said, props to Sonnen for the effort. He should get a rematch, but not immediate. I'm more interested in a Silva-Okami and a Silva-Belfort fight before that. Plus, it would be great to see Sonnen get a few more fights before getting back in there with Silva

Comment

Oh yeah...

There was a great example of dominating ground and pound in the Struve-Morecraft fight

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Do people remember Sonnen getting a cut over his eye from an Anderson Silva elbow in the 4th?

Do they seem to forget the punch that hurt Sonnen in the 5th, that eventually led to the triangle?

I'll admit that for the first 3 rounds Sonnen dominated and dictated the entire fight. But in the 4th, when he got rocked with an elbow and took Silva down, he was more hesitant and didn't have that killer instinct you need to have to beat the champ. However, he is not the better fighter. The better fighter came back from adversity to win the fight.
          i agree.

if its true that silva has a rib injury what more can chael do, if he is fighting a 100% silva during stand up game (when in a short stand up fight chael got hurt)?

Comment

I'd like to see a rematch happen. Although Anderson and Soares will be ducking Chael from now on. He's all wrong for Anderson and Soares was pissing himself cageside guaranteed after Chael got the takedown in the 5th round.

I don't buy the injury bit either. There has yet to be any legitimate sources saying he has an injury.

Comment

He has yet to prove he is the best. The goal is to win the fight and he didn't do that. So, for now, all he is doing is STILL talking. He hasn't proven a damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
                He has yet to prove he is the best. The goal is to win the fight and he didn't do that. So, for now, all he is doing is STILL talking. He hasn't proven a damn thing.
                1. Sonnen dissed Silva's Nog Black belt in bjj

2. Silva wore a gi to the cage (never does)

3. Silva's entire performance was like a Nog performance

4. Everybody thought Chael would dominate if he kept Silva on his back

5. Silva likes to prove point (see Maia)

6. Silva submitted Chael via tri-armbar an option that was open throughout the entire fight

7. Chael is always open to the triangle in all previous fights (see maia)

8. Silva barely touched Chael and Chael quit in the 5th

9. Silva is the most dominate, most entertaining, record setting champion the UFC has ever seen in the octagon (see Dana White)

10. Silva had a rib injury going in to the fight via (Machida) and still made Chael tap

11. Chael tried to cheat and act as if he didn't tap

12. Chael's fans hate Silva for being cocky yet Chael is only known for **** talking.

13. Chael tried to say he didn't tap in a previous fight after tapping as well as his partner Lindland

14. Chael is a scumbag

15. Chael had 23 minutes to take the injured Silva out and ended up tapping like a ***** to a handicapped Silva.

16. Youu Maaaddddd !!!!!!

Comment

I could go 11.5 rounds with Manny Pacquiao and beat him for every second of it. But if he knocks me out with 30 seconds to go, he is the better man and the champion.

Chael Sonnen is nothing special. He just has amazing strength and wrestling abilities. He has lost 12 fights mostly by submission. Trust me, a fit and healthy Anderson Silva submits him even earlier next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
                    I don't buy the injury bit either. There has yet to be any legitimate sources saying he has an injury.
                    There rarely are for anyone. Fighters talk about injuries all the time, but you don't get hospitals giving press conferences to confirm things and show everyone the x-rays.

Comment

bacatit if you actually think Anderson let Chael beat the **** out of him, well you are an idiot

Comment

Working...
                      X