Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik needed this kind of defeat, he will be unstoppable now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he beats Abraham. Just by using size and a long Jab. Unless Abraham takes his head off.

Comment

Pavlik needs to go back down to the weight where he actually looks like Kelly Pavlik, which is 160. He will then dominate that division for the next few years till he is comfortable moving up. guarantee it. He had a bad night, but that was due to two things.
      A. The punch output of Pavlik proves this was not the Kelly Pavlik that we have seen in fights past, which leads me to believe the weight was a huge issue.
      B. Bernard somehow turned back the clock about 10 years and fought one of the best fights we've seen from him in a while. I believe he could've beaten Calzaghe last night. That's not hate, I sincerely believe that.

Comment

Hmm the poll is closer than I thought.

Comment

OR...he'll pick opponents with styles that he knows he can defeat.

"A learned loss is better than an empty victory"

RYU

Comment

I think he'll beat everyone at 160, but I don't know how much he'll advance in skill as a fighter. I don't think this loss was good for him. It came at a bad time, and it was embarrasing.

Comment

no.. u would think after getting his ass handed to him like that people would realize he's a one dimensional fighter and he basically has one style.. he does have some good traits but if he ever wants to evole as a fighter and get better he's going to need a new trainer asap

Comment

I think he'll come back better but as the HBO guys said, Hopkins may have laid out the blueprint on how to beat Pavlik, I doubt he'll become unstoppable although he will be very hard to beat at 160.

Comment

i dont think he will change his style drastically, because it wouldt work for him. he is a puncher, that is his essence.
                  but he will start to see thing he didnt realize before, and will work on aspects he didnt considered much before. with this he should be the puncher we all know, but he will have some new things that will make him a better fighter. with this i mean subjective things that just experience can teach you.
                  i hope im right, cos i really think pavlik is a top class fighter.
                  now all we have to do is wait to see how he will do after this lose....i have faith.

Comment

I think the very best fighters would always beat Pavlik. The truly exceptional ones, whether Kessler or Abraham is that remains to be seen.

How many fights do you think Kelly has left in him?

Because he is in the big leagues now, he won't be knocking over cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
                      I think he'll definetly be a better and smarter fighter now, then he would have been if he hadnt had this fight. sure. Hopefully he watches the tape a lot and learns from it.

I respect the fact that he threw looking good out of the window, and just gunned for the win.

If you've ever seen WHITE MEN CANT JUMP, you know that "A white man would rather look bad and win, then look good and lose." vice versa for a black man lol
                      I can't believe no one has replied to this. First of all, you begin by saying "definitely" and then say "hopefully", so which one is it? However, what really bothers me is the blatant racism in your post. For starters, you got the quote wrong, Billy says that blacks like to look good first and win second, and whites like to win first and look good second. Hopkins is the best example of a person that disproves this. He tries to win any way he can, and almost always looks bad in the process. Another fighter who has been CONSTANTLY criticized for this is Floyd Mayweather - guess what color he is? These two men only care about winning, and people talk **** about them all the time for not having a crowd-pleasing style. So what's it gonna be then, what's more important to you? Do you prefer a fighter who risks losing by trying to look good, or one who does whatever he can to win, even if it means looking bad? If your choice is option B, I can't see how Bernard and Floyd aren't your two favorite fighters, and also why you hate Calzaghe so much.

It's funny how boxing is the sport with the stupidest fans. In basketball, if you try to please the crowd too much, almost everyone will disrespect you for giving entertainment more importance than winning. In boxing, if all you do is win, but don't do it in the most "exciting" way, the majority of the viewing public won't be supportive.

Comment

Working...
                      X