Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is an All-Time Great Fighter to You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is an All-Time Great Fighter to You?

Ran into some trolls last night that were disputing a lot of fighter's greatness. So it got me thinking what the true meaning of an ATG fighter is. Some go by listing OVERALL through all weights compared to all fighters on a list.

Some like to view it at the weight class(es) where they achieved, in comparisonto others of the same weight.

Some don't really bother with trying to figure it out at all (but I'm a boxing nerd so I do )

Manny Pacquiao! hands down the best! 8time world champ and fighter of the decade!!!! ATG without a doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Manny Pacquiao! hands down the best! 8time world champ and fighter of the decade!!!! ATG without a doubt!
      I agree he is an ATG based on what he has achieved. Where would you put him all-time? I have him around Top 30-35

Comment

Most people go by top 100, but eventually, with so many great fighters, that won't be enough, you can't say a fighter that was once among the 100 best fighters ever but was surpassed by someone else isn't an ATG anymore. I have a loose definition compared to most probably, if a fighter is comparable in achievements and skills with the guys already considered ATGs, then that fighter is one themselves.

Comment

If you're amongst the Top 100 fighters of all time I consider you an ATG.

Perhaps more than that now. Not sure.

Comment

soon, there will be a fighter who undeafeted, took on the risky fights, won them all, then retire after beating someone naturally much bigger then him...i hope his british lol

Comment

Top 100 probably.

Miguel Cotto is a HOF fighter, not an ATG.....not yet at least.
              Joe Calzaghe is a HOF fighter, not an ATG.

Those are two good examples for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                If you're amongst the Top 100 fighters of all time I consider you an ATG.

Perhaps more than that now. Not sure.
                Off the top, would you rank Naseem Hamed a top 100 fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  Off the top, would you rank Naseem Hamed a top 100 fighter?
                  No Not even close, IMO.

Comment

overrated term. it's overused. it takes years to understand the impact of the statement. you see people who have no idea what it implies throwing it around.

for discussion purposes i consider the top 100 boxers of all time the ATG's

also the top 10 all time in a weight class i'll call the ATG. much more loose with that distinction.
                    Last edited by New England; 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X