Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the tougher fight for Floyd Austin Trout or Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Trout is bigger, and he fights taller, he'll reach his jab out more.
    I know he's bigger. Pretty much everyone at 154 is bigger than Floyd. Hell, he's pretty small for a Welterweight. But Trout is not going to be able to fight Mayweather on the outside. He doesn't have the reach or hand speed to do it. I know he fights tall, but Floyd has some long ass arms for someone who's 5'8" and he is the better outside fighter.

De La Hoya had a better reach and he had some success in the beginning of his fight with Mayweather, but eventually Floyd was able to time it and picked him apart in the second half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      Ever since he beat Cotto on NSB Trout has went from feather fisted boxer to a Tommy Hearns like piston jab power puncher. Shyt is comical.

Alot of people on this site NEVER acknowledges the things Floyd brings to the table. Hes going to land on Trout at will and he will have no respect for his power.
      I've noticed that. Plus Canelo has received a lot of hate. Which I understand. A world champion shouldn't be fighting guys like Joesisto Lopez or Kermit Cintron.

I personally think Canelo will give him a harder match up because of the styles, but Floyd beats him pretty easily too, IMO. Trout isn't going to outbox Floyd and he sure as hell isn't going to KO him. With Canelo he at least has the power, combinations, and timing to give Floyd a tougher fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        I've noticed that. Plus Canelo has received a lot of hate. Which I understand. A world champion shouldn't be fighting guys like Joesisto Lopez or Kermit Cintron.

I personally think Canelo will give him a harder match up because of the styles, but Floyd beats him pretty easily too, IMO. Trout isn't going to outbox Floyd and he sure as hell isn't going to KO him. With Canelo he at least has the power, combinations, and timing to give Floyd a tougher fight.
        Exactly this.

Wait till Canelo vs Trout happens, I don't think he'll even be able to outbox Canelo. Everyone will come down to Earth about Trout and how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
          Ever since he beat Cotto on NSB Trout has went from feather fisted boxer to a Tommy Hearns like piston jab power puncher. Shyt is comical.

Alot of people on this site NEVER acknowledges the things Floyd brings to the table. Hes going to land on Trout at will and he will have no respect for his power.
          That's a lie. But what happened was he's now being discredited for a fight he was supposed to lose. But maybe you've developed amnesia. What has happened is that people have taken noticed & now know he's a force at 154.

What's also been going on for roughly 2 to 3 years is ginger's been credited for stopping shot old fighters or smaller men, like they were prime 154lb fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            That's a lie. But what happened was he's now being discredited for a fight he was supposed to lose. But maybe you've developed amnesia. What has happened is that people have taken noticed & now know he's a force at 154.

What's also been going on for roughly 2 to 3 years is ginger's been credited for stopping shot old fighters or smaller men, like they were prime 154lb fighters.
            This is what annoys me the most about this site.

Before the fight, Cotto was the heavy favourite, expected to win and win handily by pretty much everyone on here and in general.

After the fight, it's; "Trout doesn't deserve credit for this fight"

I mean, seriously?

I knew Trout would bring it but I still thought Cotto would win. He deserves all the credit in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              This is what annoys me the most about this site.

Before the fight, Cotto was the heavy favourite, expected to win and win handily by pretty much everyone on here and in general.

After the fight, it's; "Trout doesn't deserve credit for this fight"

I mean, seriously?

I knew Trout would bring it but I still thought Cotto would win. He deserves all the credit in the world.
              That's what I'm saying. Burner was 1 of those guys, now listen to the crap he's going on about.

Comment

Trout even though I think Canelo beats him. Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Exactly this.

Wait till Canelo vs Trout happens, I don't think he'll even be able to outbox Canelo. Everyone will come down to Earth about Trout and how good he is.
                  Reading through this thread it seems like people think Trout is some huge 6'2" southpaw with a 80" reach and an ATG jab.

Dude is 5'10" with a 72" reach.Yeah, he's bigger than Mayweather, but he isn't going to tower over him. He isn't a physical fighter either. He relies on defense and outboxing his opponents. Something that Mayweather is better at doing than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                    Reading through this thread it seems like people think Trout is some huge 6'2" southpaw with a 80" reach and an ATG jab.

Dude is 5'10" with a 72" reach.Yeah, he's bigger than Mayweather, but he isn't going to tower over him. He isn't a physical fighter either. He relies on defense and outboxing his opponents. Something that Mayweather is better at doing than he is.
                    No thats what you think is required to beat Mayweather. I disagree

Trout can be physical. He pushed Cotto around, imposing his size during times in the fight. Something which I haven't seen mentioned is Trouts work to the body, especially the straight left. Noone mentioned that he has an ATG jab, but he's certainly good with it.

So tell me, what has Mayweather done recently, to suggest he should be fighting natural 154lb fighters, such as Trout who could fit 160. He has a title, but he only beat Cotto in similar fashion to how Trout did, and came out more damaged in the process. Please, enlighten us

Comment

Wait when the fuc did I said Trout doesnt deserve credit for Cotto? The **** are you talking about.

My post had NOTHING to do with whether he deserved credit for beating Cotto. I dont see the correlation to this post:

somehow meaning that Trout doesnt deserve credit for Cotto? The ****?

Comment

Working...
                      X