No announcement yet.

Who will Andre Ward fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will Andre Ward fight next?

Ward plans on fighting in February, he says he wants the WBA lhw title which is currently held by Kovalev. The number one ranked WBA fighter is Felix Valera who is a southpaw. Even though he is a southpaw, it still would be a good fight for Ward to shake off ring rust. Looking at the lhw division who is the ideal opponent for Ward to fight in Feburary?

http://boxrec.com/boxer/628427
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 11-24-2015, 01:15 AM.

Gonzalez, Beterbiev, Valera

I personally want to see Beterbiev and him go head to head. If Ward can handle his power, he might have a higher chance against Kov.

But we all know he's gonna choose some unknown journeyman, great preparation for Kovalev
    Last edited by Champ Wilder; 11-24-2015, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Doesnt really matter!

Comment

Who knows. IMO, probably some low ranked guy in one of the title organizations ....or one of the high ranked guys that're there and you don't understand why they're there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Who knows. IMO, probably some low ranked guy in one of the title organizations ....or one of the high ranked guys that're there and you don't understand why they're there.
          Well there are opponents who he can fight in February such as Adonis Stevenson for example. I doubt he Ward would take that risk.

Looking at the opponents all I can see is Felix Valera and Sean Monaghan, both fighters are undefeated. Monaghan is rated pretty high by the title organizations and currently a top 5 lhw in the US. I've seen Monagahan fight and he's decent.

In June or July, Ward would probably want to fight the winner of Shabransky/Gonzalez, maybe a fight with Fonfara, than his eventual showdown with Kovalev in November.
          Last edited by Boxingwizard; 11-24-2015, 02:45 AM.

Comment

go look at boxrec rankings for super middles between 200-300 and you will find ward's next opponent for his light heavy fight

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
              Well there are opponents who he can fight in February such as Adonis Stevenson for example. I doubt he Ward would take that risk.

Looking at the opponents all I can see is Felix Valera and Sean Monaghan, both fighters are undefeated. Monaghan is rated pretty high by the title organizations and currently a top 5 lhw in the US. I've seen Monagahan fight and he's decent.

Then in June or July, Ward would probably want to fight the winner of Shabransky/Gonzalez, maybe a fight with Fanfora, than his eventual showdown with Kovalev in November or December.
              have you been paying attention to the guys ward has been trying to fight? from where do you get fonfara and gonzalez? he's looking at complete unknows just so he can collect those big paychecks. maybe he fights kovalev at the end of maybe he has another "falling out" with hbo or "injures himself" but even if he does fight kovalev he has a lot of money to retire on so it doesn't even matter.
              Last edited by daggum; 11-24-2015, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post

In June or July, Ward would probably want to fight the winner of Shabransky/Gonzalez, maybe a fight with Fonfara, than his eventual showdown with Kovalev in November.
                Stevenson is very doubtful because he's Roc and I don't see either guy taking huge risks before their big fight. Kovalev's route already laid out. Pascal, IBF mando then Ward.

Ward, I don't see him taking anybody risky...not his style since winning super six.

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher P4P #1 View Post
                  Gonzalez, Beterbiev, Valera

I personally want to see Beterbiev and him go head to head. If Ward can handle his power, he might have a higher chance against Kov.

But we all know he's gonna choose some unknown journeyman, great preparation for Kovalev
                  No kidding?...

Normally, Beterbiev would end Ward's career... But Beterbiev doesn't hold enough rounds in the ring -- he didn't manage to stay at least 10 rounds with an opponent yet... and this is very important...

(... on topic: I'm helpless when it comes to guessing who Ward will fight next -- the guy is too unpredictable for me...)

Comment

Who really cares, the Kovalev showdown is the only one that matters to fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X