Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo isn't getting the credit he deserves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes especially not getting credit from the guys who were so infatuated with Cottos last three fights under Freddie. "Cotto is a new man". "If he always had Freddie, Cotto would be undefeated". "Cotto has the experience, is the better boxer, is faster, smarter and is going to make Canelo look silly".

As I said before, it was going to be a repeat of July 2008. Cotto supposedly had all these advantages, then tucked his tail like a ***** and ran when he was given a loss.

Now, all of the excuses come flying in as to why Cotto didn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      Hes especially not getting credit from the guys who were so infatuated with Cottos last three fights under Freddie. "Cotto is a new man". "If he always had Freddie, Cotto would be undefeated". "Cotto has the experience, is the better boxer, is faster, smarter and is going to make Canelo look silly".

As I said before, it was going to be a repeat of July 2008. Cotto supposedly had all these advantages, then tucked his tail like a ***** and ran when he was given a loss.

Now, all of the excuses come flying in as to why Cotto didn't win.
      You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Cotto is 35, and Freddie isn't going to teach him anything that will will do consistently in the ring at this stage of his career.

Speaking of Freddie, he's become a real annoying ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        So in one paragraph you say the reason Canelo won is because of size. Then when Geale and Martinez get brought you have to rethink your stupidity and realize you have to admit Canelo is pretty good....lol

Ah man, BS is a fun place after a big fight.
        Hmm...I never said Canelo isn't any good. Everybody knows he's a good skilled fighter but size did play a big role in the outcome of this match-up. It was very clear that the size difference did bother Cotto big time just like many people had predicted before the fight.

Comment

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Cotto is 35, and Freddie isn't going to teach him anything that will will do consistently in the ring at this stage of his career.

Speaking of Freddie, he's become a real annoying ****.
          I know that, but these cats were so gassed up off of Cotto beating Delvin "Who is that and who has he beat?" Rodriguez, a no legged Martinez and the already KOd by GGG Daniel Geale, that they really thought Cotto was going to be a monster vs a healthy, young, experienced Canelo.

Freddie has become a huge schit bag.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Hmm...I never said Canelo isn't any good. Everybody knows he's a good skilled fighter but size did play a big role in the outcome of this match-up. It was very clear that the size difference did bother Cotto big time just like many people had predicted before the fight.
            Cotto got outboxed in the middle of the ring.

The size only really played a factor in that Cotto's shots looked weak against a younger stronger fighter as opposed to the guys he's been facing recently.

Comment

You said it was the reason he won, and I quoted you.

The problem with this, is it isn't true. Canelo was more skilled and better defensively than people gave him credit for. Watch the fight again, they fought at mid range, and Canelo rarely pressed.

He came forward but didn't press like Marg did. When he did do it on the last round, he hurt Cotto badly to the body. If he would have taken that strategy from round 1, he stops Cotto.

It's not his nature. He won on mid range boxing, countering with the right hand and right uppercut.

Impressive display from Canelo and very little had to do with size IMO. Less than people are saying.

Comment

No. The only people saying that now, are the guys who predicted Cotto to win big. "Cotto is too fast, too smart, and with Freddie, hes a new fighter! Doesn't matter how big Canelo is, Cotto has more experience and is the better boxer".

Now, as usual, its excuses. As it is, Canelo didn't even impose his size. He simply outboxed him. Not once did Canelo even try to trap him in the corners or on the ropes, which is what guys with a size advantage try to do.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                  No. The only people saying that now, are the guys who predicted Cotto to win big. "Cotto is too fast, too smart, and with Freddie, hes a new fighter! Doesn't matter how big Canelo is, Cotto has more experience and is the better boxer".

Now, as usual, its excuses. As it is, Canelo didn't even impose his size. He simply outboxed him. Not once did Canelo even try to trap him in the corners or on the ropes, which is what guys with a size advantage try to do.
                  I'm glad there are still knowledgeable fight fans and not hurt fan boys left in here.

If Canelo had Marg's mindset, he would have stopped Cotto. He gave him way too much respect IMO and made it a boxing match at mid range.

Comment

I'm glad there are still knowledgeable fight fans and not hurt fan boys left in here.

If Canelo had Marg's mindset, he would have stopped Cotto. He gave him way too much respect IMO and made it a boxing match at mid range.
                    I found it strange that canelo didnt want to take cotto out pretty early.. With all due respect to cotto.. Canelo seemed to test his boxing skills and stamina in this fight. Even seen him doing some leg shifts.. Crazy. Even eddie got mad at canelo for not taking it serious and cant play with a known hitter and killer in cotto

Comment

Because he's a fraud? Chavez JR. 2.0. He only wants to fight by outweighing his opponent. He already outweighs GGG but still wants a catch weight

Comment

Working...
                      X