No announcement yet.

Hello BoxingScene : Your site wanted for competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    We would lose. This site is full of delusional idiots who pick on their favorite fighter or the fighter from their country to win every fight. Guys like Maniac310 and the rest of the gang would embarrass this site when it comes to picking who will win.
    Thats with all sports though. B-Ball. Football,soccer, baseball..and so on. Every team has Fans...aka nuthuggers! Same with combative sports!
    Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-10-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

My worst recent picks were Pacquiao-Marquez and Ward-Dawson. First I predicted Ward to win by TKO Stoppage in the 11th but instead Dawson quit in the 10th. Then I predicted Marquez to knock Pacquiao out cold in the 9th, instead he did it in the 6th. I'm not the right choice for this competition. I would just embarrass everyone.

Comment

Freedom and others usually make polls in the days leading up to the fight, so why not?

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
          My worst recent picks were Pacquiao-Marquez and Ward-Dawson. First I predicted Ward to win by TKO Stoppage in the 11th but instead Dawson quit in the 10th. Then I predicted Marquez to knock Pacquiao out cold in the 9th, instead he did it in the 6th. I'm not the right choice for this competition. I would just embarrass everyone.
          i predicted pac by KO in round 6 by counter right hook it turned out the other way

Comment

my worst recent pics: Pac TKO Marquez, Chad beating Ward (though i didn't have much faith), and guzman beating khabib

Comment

I would be down for this. Just come here and post a poll for each fight, with a closing date. Whoever has the most votes by the closing time can be considered to be the BoxingScene forum's official pick.

There are a lot of good, knowldegeable posters here so we should be able to do well. As long as the small minority of nationalistic/racist morons don't screw it up for everyone else.

Comment

boxingscene TKOs eastside boxing

boxingscene KOs fighthype

boxingscene KOs boxingforum.co m

(right about here is when boxingscene gets accused of steroid use)

boxingscene goes life and death with ************* but comes out victorious

boxingscene TKOs ************

boxingscene KOs philboxing

boxingscene suffers a huge upset loss to some unknown boxing forum
                jk boxingscene will go to war with ******** boxing but BS will end up with the victory
                Last edited by happyman; 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  We had one before but I don't D4 still uses the site. But yeah I would be up for it.
                  Right on man, great to hear

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                  ok then, let's start.

make a thread on the first major fight with a poll. boxingscene can beat eas tside boxing that's for sure.
                  heheh, they think the same about you guys, no doubt. Which is why this will be fun. Looks like ************ will be on board as well. Trying to get others but to be totally honest, besides here and ********, the forums seem to go downhill kinda fast. Either the forum doesnt have the volume to really support a league or represent themselves well. You guys would be suprised how much larger you guys are then many other forums. Glad to have boxingscene on board.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  We would lose. This site is full of delusional idiots who pick on their favorite fighter or the fighter from their country to win every fight. Guys like Maniac310 and the rest of the gang would embarrass this site when it comes to picking who will win.
                  hahaha I hear you Kev, to be honest I think every forum has their guys like that.

I will give more details later, now that I have you guys on board (I didnt want to do too much spamming about it beforehand) But I think it would be better if you guys choose someone to be the head guy for your sites prediction league (lets just start a new one for you guys if you dont have one, wont have to put much work in it, it can only be for selecting your sites official pick if you want. Hell I can make the thread, but I want a 'top guy' here, who knows your posters well..... to choose 15 of you (10 if you cant get 15.... would prefer 15) and those guys picks will be the ones that represent the site/league.

The reason for that is, trust me, you cant put it past anyone to troll other sites and leagues, and making new profiles to maybe alter your picks if you know what I mean (if it was a poll.... signing up just to vote for the obvious underdog)

This way, all your pickers would be core scene members and also peoples who judgement in boxing you think is good.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Freedom and others usually make polls in the days leading up to the fight, so why not?
                    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I would be down for this. Just come here and post a poll for each fight, with a closing date. Whoever has the most votes by the closing time can be considered to be the BoxingScene forum's official pick.

There are a lot of good, knowldegeable posters here so we should be able to do well. As long as the small minority of nationalistic/racist morons don't screw it up for everyone else.
                    Kiaba and shoulderroll, I would actually suggest not a poll.... that way you guys cant get jacked by another site wanting to troll your picks. I think selecting 10 or 15 of your top, core scene guys to represent your site for you is better.

I could make the thread for it, but I dont know who your good members are so you guys would have to come up with that yourselves.

I mean, if you all really wanted to, we could do a poll form.... but I just know that theres a big chance it comes down to sites maybe trolling the other to warp the actual results (voting in your poll for the guy who they actually think will lose)

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                    boxingscene TKOs eastside boxing

boxingscene KOs fighthype

boxingscene KOs boxingforum.co m

(right about here is when boxingscene gets accused of steroid use)

boxingscene goes life and death with ************* but comes out victorious

boxingscene TKOs ************

boxingscene KOs philboxing

boxingscene suffers a huge upset loss to some unknown boxing forum
                    jk boxingscene will go to war with ******** boxing but BS will end up with the victory
                    hahaha hell ya, thats the spirit.

************ should be down for the most part, east side is already down (they have two seperate leagues that will be taking part) and Im still working with the others..... I was surprised at how poor most of the other forums Ive been to are though. No offense against their site or anything, but even major boxing sites just having pretty poor forums.

anyways, its really awesome to have boxingscene involved, appreciate it and will make it that much better. I think Boxingscene and east side will be quite the battle.

Comment

we are too many, it should be only guys that have over 1k post and have been on the site for at leats 2 years and 7 months

Comment

Working...
                      X