No announcement yet.

The Quirky facts thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Is the Howard Winstone movie out yet? Heard something a while back about it in the paper...
    Yeah came out last year, it's called Risen.
    Only just found it myself, will have to get it, didn't think it was out yet.
    Has Erik Morales in it apparently, guessing he's gonna be Saldivar.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Yeah came out last year, it's called Risen.
      Only just found it myself, will have to get it, didn't think it was out yet.
      Has Erik Morales in it apparently, guessing he's gonna be Saldivar.
      Morales IS Saldivar. Im gonna get on the hunt when i get paid i think

Comment

SRL, Tommy hearns and Marvin hagler once all fought on the same broadcast

Marciano had a 67 inch reach, shorter than most modern Light Weights

Duran, as crazy as he was, never touched drugs. He only drank. He was actually insulted about the story with the prostitute, not because he was cheating on his wife, but because her smoking marijuana was mentioned.

Hagler K.O'd Roy Jones Sr who was 13-1 at the time

Hagler got into boxing because he was bullied at a party. The bully was actually trained under the gym he joined. He ended up fighting the bully professionally twice, viciously K.Oing him the 2nd time.

Floyd Patterson once purposely lost an amateur fight because " the other boxer had a nice face and I didn't want to hurt him "

3 fighters mayweather Jr dominated in the ring are dead

Nigel benn tried to kill himself after he retired. He attached a garden hose to the muffler of his car and stuck it inside.

Comment

Also the "foreman grill" was supposed to be the Hulk Hogan Grill but he didn't pick up the phone

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
            Also the "foreman grill" was supposed to be the Hulk Hogan Grill but he didn't pick up the phone
            I think he went with some lame ass protien shake instead and has been kicking himself ever since! lol

Hogans birthday today btw for all u Hulkamaniacs out there lol

My mate Kent asked his mum to pick him up a Foreman Grill and she came back with some nasty Lennox Lewis grill haha i didnt even know Lewis Had one out!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Haha need to remember that one.

Archie Moore said fightign Marciano was "Like fighting an aeroplane propeler."
              One of Darcy's opponents, said fighting Les was like, "Fighting A GORILLA".// I alway's liked that one.

Comment

Bumpity

Charlie Chaplin was Ted Kid Lewis's son's god father.

Tommy Gibbons vs Jack Bloomfield was the first boxing event held at Wembley Stadium.

George Chuvalo had a bear 'mascot' that he would take for walks.

John Coker was forced too pull out of the British Commonwealth games because no gloves big enough for his hands could be found.

Comment

Idi Amin was the LHW champion of Uganda.

Comment

At a press conference for Hagler - Hearns, during Hearns' smack-talk Hagler stuffed napkins in his ears and told him he couldn't hear him.

Comment

A CAT scan showed the lining of Marvin Hagler's skull is about half an inch thicker than the average man's.

Jake LaMotta once gave an opponent such a bad body beating that the guy started coughing up blood.

Battling Siki used to wander into Parisian bars with his pet leopard on a silver chain. According to Larry Gaines Siki would buy everyone in the bar drinks and when it came to paying the bill he'd ask the bartender: "do you believe in God?" When the bartender replied that he did, Siki said "then believe God will pay the bill" and walked out. He got away with it a few times, until one bartender pulled a shotgun on him and asked the same question. Complete nutter.

Comment

Working...
                      X