Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More surprising result Cotto vs Martinez or Garcia vs Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia man handling Matthysse didn't surprise me @ all. Danny has always been underrated. Moreover, Matthysse hadn't really beaten anybody of consequence. Danny is just the better fighter.
    Last edited by $tate of Mind; 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I felt like I'd seen more of Martinez and knew where he stood against his opponent more than I felt familiar with Garcia; a few fights does not make me overly familiar with a guy's style.

So Martinez.

Comment

Picked Garcia in the fight against Lucas. Didn't see Cotto beating Martinez, much less embarrassing him and stopping him.

Comment

Peterson-Matthysse was more surprising than garcia-matthysse.

Comment

Garcia/Matthysse for me. I knew there was a good chance Martinez would be shot to ****. I had convinced myself 100% that Garcia would lose. I'm never as confident going into a fight as I was about Matthysse winning.

Comment

Called both of those fights. Usually I'm bad at picking but I had a good feeling from these two.

Of the two though Garcia vs. Matthyse was a bit of a bigger surprise. Didn't expect Garcia to drop Lucas. I thought Cotto stopping Martinez was pretty much a sure thing and am legitimately shocked that so many people felt Sergio was going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Garcia/Matthysse for me. I knew there was a good chance Martinez would be shot to ****. I had convinced myself 100% that Garcia would lose. I'm never as confident going into a fight as I was about Matthysse winning.
                Can confirm. That Garcia v. Matthyse master thread was great when so many guys were calling Lucas a 100% lock for the win and he lost

Comment

With Martinez the only question was how bad his injuries where. He fought Murray and Jr. with a broken hand. He's knees were clealry gone and the fight was supposedly being made becuase he had recovered from those injuries according to Martinez himself. How well he has recovered was really the only question. The answer, well, we saw it.
                  About Matthysse vs Gift its was just more of the same old GBP/Al Haymon BS we're kind of used to by now.

Comment

I never considered that Matthysse could beat Garcia, and I gave Cotto no chance against Sergio. So Cotto-Martinez.

Comment

I was scared as **** when Danny started taking punches, glad he didnt get knockdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X