Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more "Overrated" GGG or Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Matthysse at one point was overrated to me, but when you quickly dismantled Peterson like that, it's safe to say he's proving the hype is real. Golovkin is the real deal in my opinion, but unlike Matthysse he hasn't proven it yet.
    Peterson and Macklin are the same level of fighter.

Anyhow, generally speaking both are underrated everywhere except boxing boards, no one knows who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Anyhow, generally speaking both are underrated everywhere except boxing boards, no one knows who they are.
      but they are overrated on boxing boards

Comment

I remember when Lucas came to the US for the first time and fought Judah, he look like a comforward brawler with good power.

In the Devon fight he seemed to have uped his skill level and I started so see more subelties to his style, and he was actually outboxing devon through out most of the fight.

After that fight he has just gotten better and better becoming a more complete fighter yet still retaining all of his huge power.

In that regard he reminds me of Sergio martinez.

I dont know if he was overrated, but the Lucas today, is in his prime, on fire and looks unstoppble=Rated

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
          You mad gay fams! Ain't nobody even talking about Danny Garcia.

Comment

Matthysse for sure ! it is no contest

GGG is overrated , but he is really dangerous and has the amateurs record to support him

Matthysee has what ?
            Last edited by mezoomozaa; 07-04-2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post

GGG is overrated , but he is really dangerous and have the amateurs record to support him

Matthysee has what ?
              a wbc belt and one of the best ko ratios in boxing today!!! to say he is overrated is dumb really considering what he done to pederson.now i'm guessing your a garcia fan who knows when the time is up , your boy is getting knocked out

Comment

I'd say GGG.

Both are quality fighters, but GGG hasn't yet fought a world class fighter. Matthysse has beaten the better opposition and was robbed on a couple of occasions too.

In terms of being overrated, Kovalev is the most overrated fighter in boxing at the moment. Good fighter, but hasn't beaten anybody approaching world class.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Peterson is far better than Macklin with a win over Khan and a draw against Ortiz. Who has Macklin beat? Sturm? Half the guys Sturm fought beat him but were robbed. Macklin is a euro level fighter who has never won a world title in a pretty average division.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
                    I'd say GGG.

Both are quality fighters, but GGG hasn't yet fought a world class fighter. Matthysse has beaten the better opposition and was robbed on a couple of occasions too.

In terms of being overrated, Kovalev is the most overrated fighter in boxing at the moment. Good fighter, but hasn't beaten anybody approaching world class.
                    could not agree anymore , clev will beat that fool and they will still not give him any credit for doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post

GGG is overrated , but he is really dangerous and has the amateurs record to support him

Matthysee has what ?
                      Your amateur record counts for nothing in the pro ranks. Khan demolished Ortiz in the AMs but would get knocked out by Ortiz in the pros. GGG is a very skilled fighter, but his record is padded with scrubs and has beens, Macklin being his only decent win. Don't get me wrong, he has the ability to be a top 5 p4p fighter, but he isn't there yet. Let's see how he performs against a Ward, Froch, or Quillin before we make any judgements regarding his greatness.

Comment

Working...
                      X