Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have a problem with Pacquiao-Marquez 5. Blame Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    I remember reading on multiple sites that team pac didnt want to fight JMM but that he was the only one who could bring the type of money pac wanted. So it seems his hand was forced. As for the rematch Jmm now holds the cards and if he gets a serious raise, maybe even 50/50, ican see it happening if not then pac is crap out of luck. He can go fight bradley for peanuts again and ask Arum for another advance, which i dont understand why he needs.
    i dont think it will be 50/50///JMm should get the bigger cut. And the higher the risk the higher the reward....It was the only big fight Manny had on the table. Bradley couldnt pack check cashing place much less an arena like JMM can. And he already beat Bradley...so noooobody would wanna see that.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Why point out CW...everyone does it! :ANYWORD:
      Why fight Bradley...he clearly won!:ANYWORD:
      Refused to meet Floyd ridiqulious demands is more like it :WORD:

WTF would he think JMM would be an easy payday for? All their fights went the distance. Were close fights. And judging by the busted up faces and cut and blood on both fighters.....nothing looked easy. so why in the f8ck would anyone with half of a brain think....it would be an easy payday! Thats just dumb as fu8k!!!
      Why should Marquez fight pacquiao again he easily won :ANYWORD:

Uuhh everyone in mannys camp thought fight 3 and 4 would be a walk through. Dont act like you havent heard their pre fight talk.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        this is a fair comment.

but it is quite funny that Team Pacquiao are so selective over which losses they want to avenge.
        the marquez loss was ko, not some bs decision that was widely disputed. also because a marquez 5 will make 1.5m+ ppv buys and a bradley fight would take 1.5m+ million viewers (but on free hbo).

so, both legacy and dollar wise, avenging the marquez loss makes more sence than avenging the bradley "loss".

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Manny never fought at 154 and nobody thought he was a 154 fighter. Cotto wanted to fight Margarito at 150-151. So to bring that up is farcical BUT I was happy that the fight was not made because it was pointless.

Bradley? It was one sided and that is why Manny didn't care for it.

Marquez was an easy payday? That is the funniest line of 2013! lol! Marquez, without a doubt would be polled as Manny's toughest opponent even before their 4th fight.

Finally, to even have Marquez #5 as a possibility for Manny's next fight, puts all your other weak points to shame. Reason is very few would have wanted to fight an opponent who has been tough and KOed you as your next 1 or 2 opponents but Manny is ready to take Marquez next.
          We are talking about Manny, not cotto. Manny approached cotto about a cw. Whatever happened in cotto/margs 2 is completely irrelevant. The truth, no matter how much you try and clean it up, is Manny tried to fight Miguel at a CW again. That is not honorable.

Cotto was one sided yet he tried to rematch him so I think that argument holds very little water.

Dude you can spin it however you see fit. The bottom line is there was no need for a 4th fight other than an easy payday. I remind you Manny said he had nothing to prove witrh JMM and changed his tune only after he couldn't get Cotto to fight at a cw. There surely isn't a need for a 5th.

Manny wasn't as ready after the 1st, 2nd or 3rd fights, now suddenly he is. ANd you are trying to make that noble or honorable. hahaha pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            i dont think it will be 50/50///JMm should get the bigger cut. And the higher the risk the higher the reward....It was the only big fight Manny had on the table. Bradley couldnt pack check cashing place much less an arena like JMM can. And he already beat Bradley...so noooobody would wanna see that.
            He already beat cotto as well. why is that rematch ok but bradley isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              He already beat cotto as well. why is that rematch ok but bradley isn't?
              Cotto is a money fight, Bradley is not. Arum in particular would love to be in the Cotto business again. Cotto would also probably be a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Cotto is a money fight, Bradley is not. Arum in particular would love to be in the Cotto business again. Cotto would also probably be a better fight.
                Of course. But adp02 and pac boy are touting manny's honor by arguing and implying Manny doesn't waste time rematching fights he wins by wide margins. So I just pointed it out to remind them otherwise and support my points made earlier.

Comment

We are talking about Manny, not cotto. Manny approached cotto about a cw. Whatever happened in cotto/margs 2 is completely irrelevant. The truth, no matter how much you try and clean it up, is Manny tried to fight Miguel at a CW again. That is not honorable.

Cotto was one sided yet he tried to rematch him so I think that argument holds very little water.

Dude you can spin it however you see fit. The bottom line is there was no need for a 4th fight other than an easy payday. I remind you Manny said he had nothing to prove witrh JMM and changed his tune only after he couldn't get Cotto to fight at a cw. There surely isn't a need for a 5th.

Manny wasn't as ready after the 1st, 2nd or 3rd fights, now suddenly he is. ANd you are trying to make that noble or honorable. hahaha pathetic.
                  cotto/margs 2 is relevant because Cotto wanted it at that same CW that Manny was OK to give him. Its not like Manny was telling him to go back down to 147.

We already knew that Manny vs Marquez was a tough fight for both.
                  Manny vs Marquez #3 was seen as pointless because we thought Marquez can't make weight. It was all a question if Marquez can remain effective at WW. #4 was not pointless and certainly not #5 if it happens. #5 would make the most money between the two and would be make so much money that I can't see how one can say, its pointless.

Marquez was in trouble as well during that fight and looked to be the one that was about to get KOed. That Marquez punch came out of nowhere and changed the outcome big time. It was not a one-sided fight ..... go back and check it out ... Marquez struggled to stay up during that 5th round.

If #5 is anywhere as exciting as #4, how can anyone say, "not required"?

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    cotto/margs 2 is relevant because Cotto wanted it at that same CW that Manny was OK to give him. Its not like Manny was telling him to go back down to 147.

We already knew that Manny vs Marquez was a tough fight for both.
                    Manny vs Marquez #3 was seen as pointless because we thought Marquez can't make weight. It was all a question if Marquez can remain effective at WW. #4 was not pointless and certainly not #5 if it happens. #5 would make the most money between the two and would be make so much money that I can't see how one can say, its pointless.

Marquez was in trouble as well during that fight and looked to be the one that was about to get KOed. That Marquez punch came out of nowhere and changed the outcome big time. It was not a one-sided fight ..... go back and check it out ... Marquez struggled to stay up during that 5th round.

If #5 is anywhere as exciting as #4, how can anyone say, "not required"?
                    stop reaching. Manny wanted a CW again. Plain and simple.

Oh, so money is the factor now. Cool. For years you and other pac fans say he doesn't fight for money. Now he does. Which is it?

Exactly my point, Manny took the fight because he figured at 147 he'd just bull through JMM and make easy money. That plan was working until manny got careless. Just because he got careless and got KTFO doesn't change the fact he took this fight for an easy payday.

Because, again I remind you, manny doesn't fight for money he fights for challenge, according to you and other manny diehard fans. If you like Manny, you'll say he's up 2-1-1. If you like JMM you'll say he's up 3-0-1(like most of the media believes), or 2-1-1. either way, its clear, from a challenge standpoint.

Now if manny is just taking it again for money, cool. Just remember that and stop acting as if he is some humble honorable fight for fans not money! enough of that crap.

Comment

stop reaching. Manny wanted a CW again. Plain and simple.

Oh, so money is the factor now. Cool. For years you and other pac fans say he doesn't fight for money. Now he does. Which is it?

Exactly my point, Manny took the fight because he figured at 147 he'd just bull through JMM and make easy money. That plan was working until manny got careless. Just because he got careless and got KTFO doesn't change the fact he took this fight for an easy payday.

Because, again I remind you, manny doesn't fight for money he fights for challenge, according to you and other manny diehard fans. If you like Manny, you'll say he's up 2-1-1. If you like JMM you'll say he's up 3-0-1(like most of the media believes), or 2-1-1. either way, its clear, from a challenge standpoint.

Now if manny is just taking it again for money, cool. Just remember that and stop acting as if he is some humble honorable fight for fans not money! enough of that crap.
                      I never got into that dispute about money. Everyone wants more money BUT I did come out and question some of Manny's pick of opponents. Manny vs Marquez #3 is an example of that. That for me was just a money fight ...... but Manny had to go down to 143 and Marquez looked physically bigger than Manny at the weigh in. So thoughts changed after that weigh in and expected a more competitive fight.

Funny how you talk about CW and being honorable (ie. fight at division limit) yet Manny vs Marquez #4 you still have to criticize Manny, which was at the WW division limit, instead of criticizing Marquez for accepting Manny to come in at 143 for fight #3. It looks like you just have an agenda against Manny.

I'm not even sure where you are going with this anymore but you can't question Manny vs Marquez #4. Especially now when Manny is ready on taking on a guy who just KOed him like that ...... to say "I'm ready for #5", one can just say he is courageous and a true fighter/warrior. I don't call that ducking or cherry-picking nor do I believe that Manny wants Marquez #5 for monetary reasons.
                      Last edited by ADP02; 01-15-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X