The best athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by truthseeker1 View Post
    lols. awesome skill there.

I forgot to say, the best squash player really are super fit. Anyone who's played squash competitively will know that you need to be pretty fit to be a squash player.
    Actually for anyone who knows anything about squash, as much or more than skill sets, its a game of attrition. You make your opponent run as much as possible and the first one who gets tired almost always loses.

As for fitness, even in terms of combat athletes, I'd put muay thai boxers and mma'ers ahead of boxers. They have to endure everything a boxer has to endure. Plus they have other elements that boxers don't have to deal with. It's incredibly tiring to have to kick. Plus, if you've ever been kicked in the legs or kneed in the mid section, you know what it can do to your endurance level. MMA'ers have to be physically strong too to keep from being overpowered in the clinches and in grappling. You don't have to be particularly strong to be a great boxer. A smaller, weaker man can compensate for lack of strength by movement, or if there is a clinch, the referee just breaks it up. I don't see guys like Kelly Pavlik or Erik Morales as being particularly strong. Just take a look at the typically muscular body of a mixed martial artist compare to the more slim (non-heavyweights) bodies of boxers.

Comment

basketball players are the best overall athletes in the world.

Comment

I think Dwight Howard is hands down the bast athlete on the planet.
        ________
        New Jersey Marijuana Dispensaries
        Last edited by FreshPrince; 03-28-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

gymnasts

and for anyone saying swimmers, gymnasts etc are not tough cos they dont box, well all things that take a toll on your mental state means you have to be tough, so runners as well are very tough, long distance even more so

Comment

Working...
          X