Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are body shots overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go ask someone to hit you in the body with some gloves on. Then you will see how overrated they are........

Comment

WTF??? Failed thread!

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
        not really, a scoring blow is a scoring blow.
        I'm talking in the context of using those body shots to break down your opponent. I scored the body shots for Jack and Medina tonight. I'm just replying to the OP asking if that strategy actually works.
        We don't always see tangible evidence of a fighter being broken down due to body work in a fight. If they do slow down, we can't 100% attribute it to just the body work. Fighters are also very good at hiding their pain.

Comment

"WTF??? Failed thread!"

You are a failed person. It's valid as we just witnessed a fighter land body shots all night at will and lose the fight handily in the judges eyes.

Comment

Bodyattack plans are used in a fight when the boxer cannot connect effectively to the head thus they concentrate on the body to slow the other guy down
            This is used against opponents who are very slick/elusive, have faster foot/handspeed and decent to good counterpunching ability.

Did it ever occur to you OP that they want to hit the head but they cant? The body cant move, so hit the body.

Comment

Better question: Why did Pacquiao stop throwing to the body? Way back against Barrera, his body-attack was incredible. Maybe developing the other arm stopped his desire to work on the body?

Comment

Weirdest question ever. Of course they're not overrated.

Comment

Body shots are the most powerful blows in boxing, especially the left hook to the liver. If they aren't effective in a specific fight, then that's probably due to a lack of power of one fighter as compared to the resistance of another.
                  Last edited by SunSpace; 05-01-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I have to question the validity of this type of post.

While you don't necessarily have to have ever boxed to post here, I read stuff like this and just WTF?

Comment

body shots can wear opponents down and also open them up for shots up top

if you look at a boxer like kell brook, he rearly goes for the body, if ever, he's a headhunter, but he seems to have a lot of success, so no bodyshots are not essential, but imo bodyshots are a good addition to ones toolset

Comment

Working...
                      X