Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kazuto Ioka vs Juan Carlos Reveco possibly on April 22nd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kazuto Ioka vs Juan Carlos Reveco possibly on April 22nd?

I had no idea... Damn, another great fight. Supposedly he was training in Hawaii and was pleased by his work, now he is back in Japan and is continuing his training for the showdown. Although the date and place have yet to be determined, Ryo Miyazaki and Sho Ishida are expected to be featured on the card as well.

Source: http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-news

Damn, I have Kazuto handing Reveco his long overdue loss.

i got Ioka by SD

Comment

:lol: When you dont have the wins, you can always just get belts...
      Buying Ruenroeng out of Thailand (real champions dont tend to have all this money japan sets aside for "boxing expenditures", so they have to travel), and still couldnt win...:lol:

This guy has his own song for gods sake...
      They need to let Ioka go...They went for the weakest champ at the time (Ruenroeng), obviously that didnt work, but now they have found an even weaker."champ", Ioka can become a "3-division champ".:lol:

At least its not like his countryman Takayama who got his ass kicked and is lineal unified "champ" by beating a handpicked sushi vendor.:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
        :lol: When you dont have the wins, you can always just get belts...
        Buying Ruenroeng out of Thailand (real champions dont tend to have all this money japan sets aside for "boxing expenditures", so they have to travel), and still couldnt win...:lol:

This guy has his own song for gods sake...
        They need to let Ioka go...They went for the weakest champ at the time (Ruenroeng), obviously that didnt work, but now they have found an even weaker."champ", Ioka can become a "3-division champ".:lol:

At least its not like his countryman Takayama who got his ass kicked and is lineal unified "champ" by beating a handpicked sushi vendor.:lol:
        I really like the Asian boxingscene but you made some extremely valid points. How does Takayama get his ass handed to him and loses his title just to get t back by fighting a no hoper a few months later? Perhaps they are trying to rush Kosei into a belt but that was rediculous to say the least.

Reveco is long overdue to give that strap up. IMO Alvarado should have gotten the nod but he politics if boxing prevail more often than not. Regardless the Ioka vs Reveco fight sounds very promising on paper and I'm leaning towards Kazuto.
        Last edited by Aztekkas; 02-05-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          I really like the Asian boxingscene but you made some extremely valid points. How does Takayama get his ass handed to him and loses his title just to get t back by fighting a no hoper a few months later? Perhaps they are trying to rush Kosei into a belt but that was rediculous to say the least.

Reveco is long overdue to give that strap up. IMO Alvarado should have gotten the nod but he politics if boxing prevail more often than not. Regardless the Ioka vs Reveco fight sounds very promising on paper and I'm leaning towards Kazuto.
          A weak, undeserving champ doesnt excuse what I consider a belt grab. Ioka had his chance, let someone else try to elevate their career with that belt. He lost a title fight, beat zome dude called Piero or somesuch, who had lost his last 4 fights, 3 by KO, and "earned" himself another title shot. Loved how the articles put it "Reveco-Saengthep winner gets to fight Ioka". Uhhh... who has the belt here lol.

The Alvarado-Reveco fight was in argentina correct? Then that makes sense as the "politics" backed Reveco at that point in time, which is why his title fight against Ioka is in Japan. Japan has higher clout and pull in boxing, and its not just due to money. Look at the amount of WBC belts japan has picked up. I hear people say that the WBC just hands out belts to mexicans all the time, but every mexican champ I see won his belt in an upset, usually against an asian fighter. WBC coddles mexicans so much huh? thats why the arena went more silent than a graveyard when Guevara stopped Yegashi. Doubt that was the intended result.

You may notice certain countries travel regularly and others rarely due at all. Thats why youll notice a mexican fighter defend his strap in thailand, lose but then the thai champ has to travel to japan. From my experience, American, Japanese, and British fighters are the one that travel the least, unless they happen to be making guaranteed title defenses like Miura against Sergio Thompson. That fight was closer than it needed to be more because of Miuras limitations than Thompson being a good fighter. Vazquez proved that. A prospect in Jose Felix Jr. was way more effective against Vazquez than Thompson was.

Comment

A weak, undeserving champ doesnt excuse what I consider a belt grab. Ioka had his chance, let someone else try to elevate their career with that belt. He lost a title fight, beat zome dude called Piero or somesuch, who had lost his last 4 fights, 3 by KO, and "earned" himself another title shot. Loved how the articles put it "Reveco-Saengthep winner gets to fight Ioka". Uhhh... who has the belt here lol.

The Alvarado-Reveco fight was in argentina correct? Then that makes sense as the "politics" backed Reveco at that point in time, which is why his title fight against Ioka is in Japan. Japan has higher clout and pull in boxing, and its not just due to money. Look at the amount of WBC belts japan has picked up. I hear people say that the WBC just hands out belts to mexicans all the time, but every mexican champ I see won his belt in an upset, usually against an asian fighter. WBC coddles mexicans so much huh? thats why the arena went more silent than a graveyard when Guevara stopped Yegashi. Doubt that was the intended result.

You may notice certain countries travel regularly and others rarely due at all. Thats why youll notice a mexican fighter defend his strap in thailand, lose but then the thai champ has to travel to japan. From my experience, American, Japanese, and British fighters are the one that travel the least, unless they happen to be making guaranteed title defenses like Miura against Sergio Thompson. That fight was closer than it needed to be more because of Miuras limitations than Thompson being a good fighter. Vazquez proved that. A prospect in Jose Felix Jr. was way more effective against Vazquez than Thompson was.
            Yeah, that Reveco shot was undeserved but it's a reoccurring issue throughout the sport. I mean, look at Gary Russel Jr and even his conqueror, Vasyl Lomachenko. They both lost their title shot, followed up by beating up on some weak opposition and that earned them another World title shot . In fact, both of them got to their first title shot undeserving of the opportunity. Meanwhile you have fighters doing everything they can and putting in countless fights in order to even be recognized by one of the major boxing organizations, such a sad situation. The only upside is the fact that the WBC is attempting to work with 3 out of the 4 major sanctioning bodies in order to recognize only one champion per division. If this actually pulls through(I have my doubts, we'll see) the landscape of boxing and undeserved title shots would come to a screeching halt.

Your second paragraph is very spot on. I understand Yaegashi attaining a title shot at 108 for the WBC belt since he was the WBC champion at 112 but is it fair? I don't think so. You're also right, Akira wasn't meant to lose that fight and the public showed their dislike with the outcome of the fight.

About the traveling situation, another agreement at hand. It's ridiculous how some fighters never even leave their country yet expect Champions to defend against them in their homecourt. Look at the Oswaldo Novoa situation, he traveled to China and upset a limited champion in Xiong Zhao Zhong, defended once against limited opposition in Mexico.. but then had to travel AGAIN TO DEFEND HIS TITLE in the contenders backyard and wound up losing his strap to Wanheng Menayothin. Now don't get me wrong, Menayothin is a quality fighter that was able to negate Oswaldo's reckless offense and earned the victory but the fact that the Champion had to travel to the contenders home country in order to defend is ******ed. Hopefully these situations get worked out. It may produce historic Champions by allowing them to attain a belt at 3 fights(Loma) or becoming a two weight division world champion at 8 (Naoya) but the fact that the organizations practically step on hundreds of boxers in order to give these fighters those historic opportunities is unfair to say the least... that and add to the fact that those belts lose prestige and the title champion goes from a dignified label to a laughable situation.

Good post by the way.
            Last edited by Aztekkas; 02-05-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

@Aztekkas
              lol oh the irony...

Comment

@Aztekkas
                lol oh the irony...

Hougigo is an excellent poster and by far one of the site's best. He might just not have agreed with your wording? Regardless I personally believe you shed some light on some relevant issues.

However, the fact remains, Japan has been producing some of the highest skilled young fighters in the sport in recent years. They jump into the sport fighting against ranked opposition, that alone signifies the quality of these prospects. It's a really difficult situation to depict IMO.

I green K'd you, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X