Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Keith Thurman pass the Maidana Test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
    It's hard to judge because Broner only fought at 147 once, but I though Broner's power against Maidana was underrated. His shots were thudding blows that moved Maidana. I liken Broner's power to Canelo sort of. They're very physically strong. On the other hand Thurman seems to have that one-punch K.O. power.

I agree that Thurman is more skilled than Ortiz and Broner, but I don't think he's as skilled as Khan or Mayweather.

I think the best shot Thurman has against Maidana is by working the body, but by doing that he might get caught with something huge by Maidana.

I hope the fight happens as well, .
    Good points, and I agree that people need to stop acting like Maidana has a glass body. I'm still waiting for somebody to put Maidana away with a body shot like I hear before every fight lol

Comment

Marcos has a serious issue with late rounds stamina and body shots. If Thurman takes him into deep waters, its a TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
        Maybe not boxing skill but he will keep maidana at bay with his power. If chino fights thurman like he did broner and mayweather he gets KO'ed.
        But if it is a test of power then Thurman is pretty much in a tough fight he may win but that isn't going to be easy.

Maidana might get knocked out though so you could be right.

Comment

Maidana wasn't scouting he was commentating for Argentinian TV.

I don't see Maidana taking this fight. Like I said, Maidana doesn't face big punchers. I think Maidana would take Broner II before Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I got Thurman as well, but Maidana's power and relentless style could be the difference. Still, I think Thurman gets the job done by winning a hard fought UD by boxing on the outside.
            Bundu didn't feint well at all and therman himself admitted he couldn't get the ko because bundu was tricky,thurman would get home a few big shots in the first couple rounds but he would get ginshy and gass with the pressure,maidana will be landing something hard in every round and if I remember correct therman was badly wobbled by soto karass before he eventually stopped him and he is not known as a puncher,therman showed he gets gunshy under unaffected pressure...I think the safest bet woukld be maidana 7th round and onward stoppage but it is boxing and thurman can crack but let's not forget the heart maidana has shown whenever floored...if thurman gets blitzed by maidana it will show how much heart Broner actually had that night.

Comment

I picked Thurman via UD or KO if Maidana trades punches with him.

Comment

No he doesn't. Maidana beats Thurmans ass.

Put up a poll!

Comment

Poll just added.

Comment

I think he'd beat Maidana like he stole something.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      Easy win for Thurman. Maidana is hugely overrated because an aging Mayweather struggled with him.
                      only to the idiots who didnt think he had a chance to begin with. no surprise to me that flod stuggled.

thurman has never been hit and maidana aint the first fight to have that experience

Comment

Working...
                      X