Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto's Failed Test: New Details; Good News For Andre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he's an idiot that took something he wasn't supposed to? That's what it seemed like from the start. Still makes him an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Gotta be honest, maybe I'm naive, but I believe that both Peterson and Berto took substances unknowingly. I think it's easier to get tripped up on one of these tests than we realize.

They're responsible for what goes in to their bodies, 100%....but I don't think they were maliciously juicing.
      The fighters may not be the trainers sure know. Besides, I think there is so much pressure on fighters to become stars that they will surely cheat to make more money.

Comment

the thing is this: whats really the truth? everybody can pay pple to say that only traces of nandrolone were found in his body. know what I mean? lots of money involved in cancelling another event (Berto-Ortiz II), so basically NOBODY really knows what the truth is. everybody has an agenda. and I dont believe none of what Andre Berto, Victor Conte or any other of them motha fugkaz has to say at this point.
        Last edited by Salardo; 05-21-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Showtime needs to find a way to put this fight on. They are too invested in it. They got the fight camo 360 show (cha ching), the delay from the Berto injury (cha ching), and so much production to get the fight made (cha ching). Showtime needs to start recovering some of those losses.

Comment

As much as i like the use of testing, situations like these are daft, there will be too much talk on taking drugs. The fact of the matter is there are false positives in science and nothing is certain. In this case the matter was looked in further after discriminating a result as having had drugs or not. The VADA testing program needs to address how to communicate with other boxing commissions etc without just releasing 'results'. Its silly how Berto and Peterson are labelled 'cheaters' after 'failed' drug tests which prob was down to negligence and ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenTikka View Post
              As much as i like the use of testing, situations like these are daft, there will be too much talk on taking drugs. The fact of the matter is there are false positives in science and nothing is certain. In this case the matter was looked in further after discriminating a result as having had drugs or not. The VADA testing program needs to address how to communicate with other boxing commissions etc without just releasing 'results'. Its silly how Berto and Peterson are labelled 'cheaters' after 'failed' drug tests which prob was down to negligence and ignorance.
              That is why CIR and sample B are tested just in case if sample A is false positive.

Both sample A and sample B came out positive for Berto.

And, in both cases VADA let the commissioners know before the information was released.

Comment

Dude cheated.... traces were liw at time of test but could of been higher if tested a month earlier..

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  So he's an idiot that took something he wasn't supposed to? That's what it seemed like from the start. Still makes him an idiot.

i think the findings, which were in the trillionths of a gram, are suspected to be a product of some sort of contamination

i'm guessing that the machines that process the suppliments berto was taking are suspected to have some of the nandralone on them, which i believe is in other suppliments

kind of like a peanut allergy being an issue when you're buying pastachios that were prepared on the same equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i think the findings, which were in the trillionths of a gram, are suspected to be a product of some sort of contamination

i'm guessing that the machines that process the suppliments berto was taking are suspected to have some of the nandralone on them, which i believe is in other suppliments

kind of like a peanut allergy being an issue when you're buying pastachios that were prepared on the same equipment.
                    Yeah, with levels that low, I believe that it was contamination.

Comment

If it came from a contaminated supplement cant they test that supplement to see if it was really contaminated?

Comment

Working...
                      X