No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: I Want a Career Closer Statement With Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye: I Want a Career Closer Statement With Wladimir

British boxing sensation David Haye is envisaging a life beyond boxing as he prepares for not only the defining fight in his boxing career, but the defining night of his entire life. The 30 year-old meets WBO and IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko on July 2nd at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg, Germany and plans to become the unified heavyweight champion before retiring from the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]

Haye is going to be remembered by being on the wrong end of a KO highlight reel! He doesn't care about legacy. If so, he'd want to fight Vitali, regardless of the wait. Vitali would walk right through him...and probably make him cry at the press conference.

Comment

I'll give Haye this: he tries hard to promote his fights. He's no Ali in that regard (very few have ever approached that level), but he tries. Most of the stuff that comes out of David's mouth is straight out of professional wrestling. It irritates some people; it just makes me laugh. Boxing needs guys like him. Ultimately, it's all entertainment. Someone's gotta stir things up; otherwise, people stop watching.

Comment

wAY to retire out on top just to meet a bogus b-day deadline. You wouldn't have all the belts David HAYE.. there'd be one missing & if you believe for a second that Vitali won't delay the Adamek fight to knock your head off after you beat his brother you are solely mistaken... VitaLI will fight both you & Adamek days apart if he has to..... you better pray that you lose to Wlad!

Comment

Even if he wins, you can bet the barn that he won't retire.

Comment

He can keep convincing himself but he won't retire after Wlad unless he get's punished by Wlad which I don't think he will.

Comment

If beats Wlad.

He writes his own cheque for his next fight.

Nobody retires under those circumstances.

I agree though. If Wlad destroys him then maybe he will. If he gets massively outclassed, beaten up and KO'd. There is no point in him carrying on in a dormant heavyweight division that he is just another pawn in looking up at the Klits. Sort of like Sultan Ibragimov.

Haye could move on to something else.

Comment

If the critics knew the purse for this fight, then they would understand why Haye is content with retiring after this fight, he is splitting a 50 million purse(British pound) 50-50 with Wladimir, thats around $35 million USD each, more than Pacman's last fight.
                David Haye can buy a couple of houses, cars ,save money. BTW, he said in an interview that he got a standing offer from Hollywood for a future acting career, so i can fully understand why he couldn't care less after this fight is done.

Comment

he scared of vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    he scared of vitali.
                    You nailed it. He's letting everyone know before the fact that he ain't fighting Vitali no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                    X