Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing vs MMA.... MMA is growing GLOBALLY. Boxing ain't!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your ass back to sherdog ***.
    Last edited by Shabba Rank$; 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

MMA is only growing with young high school kids and hicks that watch nascar

Comment

Originally posted by F-22 Raptor View Post
        I believe DANA WHITE is a BIG BIG tyrant and he exploits his fighters, but I believe eventually other MMA companies will be competing against each other...

This

The question is "when?"

When are the fighters going to start asking for more money from the supposedly huge numbers that they draw in ppv? When are other companies going to start competing for viewers with dana? How much they allow the sport to grow before any of this starts happening will determine its status in the future IMO.

Comment

Boxing isn't going anywhere, but they could stand to promote it more in the United States. ESPN2 does have Friday Night Fights that you can watch for free (it also repeats the following Monday night). Plus some of the spanish channels play fights as well. But it's definitely not marketed like the UFC is. You gotta go out and look for it. which is a shame because I know a lot of people who would be interested in boxing if it were more accessable to them. Instead they have to make due with UFC and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by why-o-why View Post
            Yea but young kids right now don't see boxing as an art. If you get into a convo with them. They will say "pfffft them boxing gloves are huge. That won't hurt anyone". or "Boxing is boring because there is not a lot of blood involved". Some stupid comments like that!!

And trush me. MMA here in Australia is a HUGGGE THING RIGHT NOW!!
            You are laboring under a misconception. The world does not revolve around the 'young kids'. As they grow into adulthood their tastes often change or mature. Yes 'young kids' are a good market to sell to, but they are not the only market by any stretch of the imagination.

In short (and not to put too fine a point on it) , who gives a **** what the 'young kids' in Australia think?

Comment

Comment

Dana White basically said when he was gonna make the UFC, he was gonna take everything wrong with boxing and not put it in UFC. Working so far...and I have to say, the more I keep watching it, the less big fights I've seen in boxing, the constant bull**** drama involved in boxing...the more appealing MMA has become to me. It doesn't have me 100% but it's slowly pulling me and I NEVER thought it would manage to do that. Honestly, boxing is an awesome sport with a HORRIBLE business around it.

Comment

Working...
                X