Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there old classics in great quality out there?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there old classics in great quality out there?

I've been concentrating on fights from the 70s onwards but I'd like to get into older fights. The thing that's been holding me back though is the video quality of the stuff I come across. Does anyone know of links to older classics that could help me get into the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano etc. I saw a slow motion clip of Marciano knocking out Walcott from the 52 fight and the quality looked amazing , but when I downloaded the whole fight it looked pretty bad. Is that fight (or other old classics) available anywhere in the quality of the clip I saw?

Originally posted by McBean View Post
    I've been concentrating on fights from the 70s onwards but I'd like to get into older fights. The thing that's been holding me back though is the video quality of the stuff I come across. Does anyone know of links to older classics that could help me get into the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano etc. I saw a slow motion clip of Marciano knocking out Walcott from the 52 fight and the quality looked amazing , but when I downloaded the whole fight it looked pretty bad. Is that fight (or other old classics) available anywhere in the quality of the clip I saw?
    The quality is varying. The original films are in great quality and can be made to look even better with modern technology, even fights from the 1910's such as Dempsey-Willard. The bad quality videos are usually failed takes from the old films.

Here's the Marciano - Walcott rematch in high definition.

Dempsey-Willard:

Ali vs Cleveland Williams:

The same fight:

A big difference.

Some good fights to watch:

Comment

Thanks for that - are these available for downloading anywhere?

Comment

Working...
      X