Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it easier to score in La Liga than the Premier League??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messi is my favorite player of all time, but i don't think he would get his record of 50 goals in La Liga if he played in EPL. Ronaldo's numbers compared to when he played in United to Madrid is ridiculous. Although Costa could have similar numbers or more this season in EPL. He was 3rd behind Messi and Ronaldo in La Liga last season with 27 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Loud! View Post
      Messi and Ronaldo are two of the greatest players of all time.They are much better players than Henry, Shearer, and Van Nistelroy ever were.
      No doubt, but while still great Ronaldo couldn't do what he does in La Liga while he was in the Premier League. Tougher opposition.

Comment

From a Fat Dumb Yanks perspective.

Since the game is so global, I can't really pinpoint.

I'm ignorant of a lot of it. Almost all of it.

I do enjoy watching it, though.

From what i can gather, Premier League is the richest.

Probably attracts the best talent.

I'm going to get killed for this, but if some of you follow baseball ( I know, forgive me) it doesn't always translate to the team that can win the whole deal.

It's one of the more endearing, and at the same times frustrating things about footie.

4000 damn leagues.

Might be because my attention span is that of a gnat, but I have no clue who exactly is the best team in all of the sport.

I don't need everything explained to me at a movie, but a sport, I need concrete.

I'm drunk as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          No doubt, but while still great Ronaldo couldn't do what he does in La Liga while he was in the Premier League. Tougher opposition.
          He had one really great year in the premier league. Think he scored 30 league goals. He was nowhere near as good the following year when there was less surprise element and defenders started to really target him. Whereas in Spain, he seems to keep getting more goals each season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            I wouldn't go that far. Sevilla, Malaga, Bilbao (not this season but the last few), Valencia, Sociedad always produce good players and are up there in La Liga. Bilbao, Sevilla have both one well in the europa league recently (didn't Sevilla win it?)

EPL top to bottom is easily the best league though closest is Bundesliga.
            Yes, sevilla won the Europa cup last year and are a very good side. I also disagree that mid table teams would get the Europa spots in la liga

Comment

Messi's legs would be broken if he gets a taste of of the PL.

Comment

For anyone who wants a laugh.

Ronaldos record in Manchester

18goals
                30goals
                17goals
                9goals
                5goals
                4goals

in Madrid
                13 already this season

In other words he 1 season in Madrid he scores more than his entire career at Manchester(in all competitions).
                Lets not forget messi is not 50% the athlete Ronaldo is(better ball control but nowhere near as strong or fast). He will be getting physically targeted in the EPL and he's been getting injured a lot in the soft la liga in the last 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                  For anyone who wants a laugh.

Ronaldos record in Manchester

18goals
                  30goals
                  17goals
                  9goals
                  5goals
                  4goals

in Madrid
                  13 already this season

In other words he 1 season in Madrid he scores more than his entire career at Manchester(in all competitions).
                  Lets not forget messi is not 50% the athlete Ronaldo is(better ball control but nowhere near as strong or fast). He will be getting physically targeted in the EPL and he's been getting injured a lot in the soft la liga in the last 2 seasons.
                  Messi gets targeted in La Liga too sometimes it crazy how he falls but still gets up quick and dribbles over his defender, he would be fine IMO in EPL. The only thing is his scoring would go down, but he is much more versatile then Ronaldo. He's already #1 in total created shots, key passes and asts, he also leads everyone in asts since 2010 in Europe. His play making is really underrated. Best play maker in the world.

Comment

La Liga has a more aesthetically pleasing, free flowing game. In the EPL they like to foul a lot.

Comment

Yes. They play softer and higher up the pitch.

England plays tougher and deeper in the field of play. Meaning no real way to get behind defenses like in Spain.

Comment

Working...
                      X