No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto-Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    But with that said, clottey has one hell of a defensive shell.
    And a very solid and underrated fighter.

Comment

To me it wasn't the last round that cost Clottey, it was the 7th or 8th when he was working Cotto and Cotto had that lost sad look on his face. Then in the next round Clottey for no reason took his foot off the gas and let Cotto get his feet back under him and he never had that look again.

It is sad because Clottey has the physical stuff, his brain just does not allow him to be a winner though, pretty much the worst sort of fighter although I like them because they are easy to bet against.

Comment

It's been a while since I've seen that fight but I do remember that he didn't look good in that fight. Clottey is a tough fighter to look good against though.

Comment

Almost every Cotto's fights are available on YouTube except the Clottey fight.

Comment

He should have pull out of the fight with that cut eye by saying " It burns" " It burns"

Comment

He should have pull out of the fight with that cut eye by saying " It burns" " It burns" lol, on a more serious note I don't like the way Cotto fights going backwards, He Makes Amit Khan look like James Toney!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
                I'm watching Quintana, Malignaggi, and Bailey next. Vintage Cotto.
                Havn't you got a memory?

Clottey vs Cotto I had Cotto by a round because of the knockdown.

Why oh why didn't Clottey press the action in the latter rounds. I remember one round where Clottey spends about 2 mins in the corner letting Cotto pound on him throwing nothing back, admittedly Cotto hardly landed nothing, Clottey had that great shake of the head and Cotto back off, but he threw the round away.

Clottey is a very underrated fighter, very hard to look good against and only fighter convincingly beat him, Manny Pacquiao.

Cotto struggled to get much through against the Clottey defence and looked out of ideas at some stages.

Maybe this fight tell us how difficult Clottey is to fight rather than a mark on Cotto ability.

Comment

Cotto is soooooooo over-rated

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Thoughts on Sugar Ray Leonard- Hagler?
                    hagler was robbed.

Comment

He went balls to the wall in the 6th and IMO he punched himself out a bit. In the 7th and 8th, he looked dead tired and was getting raked with straight rights. Then I think Clottey must've thought he had it in the bag, cause he just went all turtle shell in the last rounds and let Cotto win them on activity alone. Not a good night for Miguel, but he had alot going against him that night. Cut, terrible trainer, first fight without uncle, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X