Marquez-Morales could be off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez-Morales could be off

According to the ring,

Juan Manuel Marquez will not fight Erik Morales on a pay-per-view show April 9 in Las Vegas, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer said.

Schaefer would say only that Marquez “decided to wait” and pursue other options. The Mexican boxing icons, who have not faced one another, had been negotiating for several weeks.

Morales will still fight on the card and has his eye on a particular opponent.

“The one guy Morales wants – he’s begging us for him – is Marcos Maidana,” Schaefer said. “The WBA is going to elevate Amir Khan to ‘Super Champion.’ That fight (Morales-Maidana) would be for the (‘Regular’) WBA title.

“I asked Erik why he wants Maidana. He thinks he had the technical skills to beat Maidana. We’re working on it. We’ll see. It would be a war.”

Schaefer said he is “finalizing” a deal to have Robert Guerrero fight Michael Katsidis on the card. Also, a fight between Winky Wright and Matthew Macklin is confirmed.

omfg man... morales is gonna seriously get killed by maidana

Comment

Erik Morales will beat Maidana in a close 12 round fight, quote me on it.

Comment

there are some issues going on with JMM and GBP stay tuned for more

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          let me guess... the money?

Comment

Really? Another "Super Champion." Why don't they just go and give a belt to all the top 10 guys in the division already? I really don't get why boxers even bother paying these sanctioning fees anymore. Belts literally mean nothing nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              jmm to join top rank i bet.

Comment

WOW! Morales got huevos! That's why I like him best out of the 3 great Mexican boxers. As for JMM, he should be fighting the "Ghost" instead of this bull**** Schaefer is trying to pull, Guerrero deserves his shot, and give Katsidis somebody else...

Comment

jesus, maidana vs morales??

Interesting though that the winner of that would be the "regular" champion and Khan is the super champion. So in theory we could see a Khan vs Maidana rematch at some point.

Comment

im bout to throw up..maidiana-morales for the wba regular belt..sickening.....maidaina just lost and morales hasnt done jack ****.....

Comment

Working...
                    X