No announcement yet.

Nerves effection my conditioning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerves effection my conditioning?

I don't know why, but when I'm doing anything competitively I feel like my nerves hit my conditioning hard. I mean I start breathing harder and I'm not even tired. How can I fix this?

Are you close to a fight or something? Why should nerves play a role?

Comment

not really, a NAGA grappling tournament soon Im trying to get in better shape for but im just talking any competition in general. I don't know why, but when im in competition my insides just start to feel empty and I feel myself breathing harder then i should and most the time im not even tired. I could be confident as all hell too. It's just when it comes to game/match time, I get the butterflies in my stomach during the competition. it's weird.

Comment

Its pre match nerves.. most people get it before a fight.

they normally go when the bell rings though

Comment

Happens to everyone. Gets easier every time though. Especially if you are win most of your matches you will be more confident and not worried.

Comment

Happens to me every time, it's gotten better because I relax more and more before a fight. I used to worry about the rest of my team and watch their fights. Now I just take my ipod, sit in the corner and relax atleast an hour before my fight, to set my mind on what's going to happen. That helped me alot. You NEED the fear of losing or not doing your best, to actually do your best. Fear and nerves are the greatest thing out there, get high on it!

You'll get better with time, so it doesn't feel sickening.

Comment

werrd... i know wat u mean.. its wierd....

Comment

na you probably just havent sparred enough yet....the more u spar u'll get use to it, and before u no it u'll be calm, i suggest u spar spar and spar some more........

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                  I don't know why, but when I'm doing anything competitively I feel like my nerves hit my conditioning hard. I mean I start breathing harder and I'm not even tired. How can I fix this?
                  Just the way it is like when you do something over and over and over and over and over and over and over again then when you call some one over to watch you do it you screw it up.

Comment

its completely normal in any competition. some people thrive offa that stuff. i know that even though it adds to tiring me out more even if im in shape its an amazing feeling sometimes. its like getting an adrenalin rush. the only thing you can do is have top notch conditioning and constantly put yourself in that situation so that your body learns to cope with it. constantly spar and keep your conditioning up should do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                    X