No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler vs Stieglitz Agreement is Close, Says The WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler vs Stieglitz Agreement is Close, Says The WBO

The WBO has advised several outlets that a deal is very close for a super middleweight collision between their champion Robert Stieglitz (40-2, 23KOs) of Germany, and the former king of the WBA/WBC, Mikkel Kessler (44-2, 33KOs) of Denmark. As previously reported, Kessler petitioned the WBO for a mandatory ranking. The sanctioning body granted his request and placed him in position to face Stieglitz for the title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good business. Mediocre match.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Good business. Mediocre match.
      How?

Stieglitz is a champ and this is kesslers first big fight back since his injury in a year and a half

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        How?

Stieglitz is a champ and this is kesslers first big fight back since his injury in a year and a half
        It's his second back, this is hardly big, and unless Kessler's shot, he wins easy. Stieg's got a belt, which is why it's good business. He's not really even one of the top 5 fighters at 68 nor will he win more than a round or two, so the match is mediocre.

It's a nice way to kill time and get Kessler a hollow stat belt until he's ready for real ish again (unless there really is concern about the eye and they are just being super cautious).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          It's his second back, this is hardly big, and unless Kessler's shot, he wins easy. Stieg's got a belt, which is why it's good business. He's not really even one of the top 5 fighters at 68 nor will he win more than a round or two, so the match is mediocre.

It's a nice way to kill time and get Kessler a hollow stat belt until he's ready for real ish again (unless there really is concern about the eye and they are just being super cautious).
          Stieglitz is a very solid all around fighter even if not great in any area, I think Kess should be favored but I doubt its going to be easy for him.

If it gets signed I will take bets on Stieglitz so just you or anyone PM me if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Stieglitz is a very solid all around fighter even if not great in any area, I think Kess should be favored but I doubt its going to be easy for him.

If it gets signed I will take bets on Stieglitz so just you or anyone PM me if interested.
            Easy is relative. This will be about slightly tougher than Sartison. Stiegltiz is a solid B fighter in the right place at the right time for one of the sports MANY belts.

Comment

hoping the fight will happen...................;,;,;,AND NEW WBO SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD MIKKEL KESSLER!!!

Comment

He'll finally get that 168lb WBO belt out of the oblivion it's been in since Joe Calzaghe vacated it.

Inkin to Balzsay to Stieglitz. Next hopefully Kessler and maybe all the belts could be unified.
                Last edited by Fairweather; 07-09-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

There goes DeGale's plan trying be mandatory so he can get a belt easy from Stieglitz lol.

Comment

I posted this news yesterday.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

I'll take whatever you wanna risk.

Comment

Working...
                    X