Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: "CBS would televise Pac-Mosley 24/7 if the fight lands on Showtime PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockStar45 View Post
    This is the first godfather move we've seen in boxing in a LONG time.

Pac-Mosley isn't a great fight, but this is good for the sport. Anything that puts boxing back on network TV and back in the mainstream.

Timing for the promotion is perfect too. CBS will be able to promote the 24/7 type show during the NCAA Tournament, and it could start right after the NCAA Title game. Pacquiao is a legitimate superstar and this hooks in the casual sports fan on a much more significant level than HBO is capable of doing.

Bob is still ahead of the game.
    i agree 100% the ncaa tournament gets great ratings every year. bob just made a big time move here. oscar and gbp should take notes on how a real promoter makes moves!

Comment

HBO is playing some risqué games

They just lost their 2 highest ratings to showtime

But I'm glad it's on national tv, but you had to some something like This coming after Mosley was named as the opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        They are going to have Phil Sims narrate and Greg Gumbel do the interviews
        ahhah
        with Dan Dierdorf side commenting

hahaah

Oh God shoot me now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          HBO is playing some risqué games

They just lost their 2 highest ratings to showtime

But I'm glad it's on national tv, but you had to some something like This coming after Mosley was named as the opponent
          No. Floyd is their highest rating.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Only the 24/7 will be on CBS. The event will be on PPV not on CBS.
            Yea thanks, Someone just PM how it works over there, I think its great news still. If we can get boxing back on terrestial TV then more power to it, And this is one of the times i would alway give Arum is props, He doesnt need or relies on HBO to do his think like some other promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
              all they have to worry about is bleeping curse words out which isn't a problem at all since pac and mosley talk like respectfull human beings. now mayweather on the other hand is another story.
              Respectable human beings?....one admitted to PEDs..while the other refuses to test for it! ....
              Anyways I don't think they are showing the fight on CBS...just the build up...
              And hopefully it doesn't bomb like the new boxing series..when rating non cable tv its rated different than cable shows or extra channels like Hbo...6 million on CBS would be considered low while showtime would be considered a hit...

Comment

Great thing for boxing. Arum and Showtime are going to put HBO to shame. Watch, this fight will do tremendous numbers and then Pac may outdo Mayweather's PPV numbers with Mosley......leverage for negotiations if they ever did happen.

Comment

Working...
                X