No announcement yet.

What if Ortiz did that to Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Ortiz did that to Floyd?

Would Floyd fans be singing the same tune? Both fighters were in the wrong that round, but while the shot was legal, it was still a cheap shot. It shouldn't have ended that way. Floyd was winning anyway. Had Ortiz done that, I'd be just as upset.

They would be saying "42-0" and I would be saying "cheap shot" and I'm not an Ortiz fan(was at the Campbell fight, rooting for Campbell) and CERTAINLY not a Floyd fan. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. Its really just the black and hispanic fans that can't seem to be unbiased.

Comment

Then he would have been smart and probably would earn another huge payday because there would be a rematch.

Comment

Then I would say Floyd is stupid.

Comment

people would have cheered, praised and defended Ortiz, like Mayweather fans are doing with Mayweather

but that is the difference between Mayweather and Ortiz...Mayweather is much smart then that to leave himself open like that

Comment

This fight left a bad taste in my mouth. Just kind of ruined my mood for the evening. Although Larry Merchant's comments brought me back a bit.

I did realise that Ortiz could have done the same thing to floyd, pretend to hug then nail floyd...
            I think if that had happened alot of people would have called it a brilliant pysche-out. "He got inside floyd's head" type of thing.

Still i'm pretty bitter, I don't blame Floyd or Ortiz, I'm disapointed in both of them, but they are who they are and that type of thing should have been expected, and kind of was, I had a feeling when ortiz went to hug Floyd he was going to get Gatti'd, i just wish he could have got up was all.

I'm bitter because it was a good fight, I'd liked to have seen it play out, i feel almost as bad as i do when someone gets a huge gash from a headbut in the first couple rounds

Comment

a suckerpunch is no way to end a fight...

Comment

People would nutted in there pants if Ortiz did that to Floyd.

Comment

I dont understand why people are so mad at Mayweather, Ortiz is the one who initiated the whole thing. I've seen him get up after some hard unexpected shots from Maidana and Berto. Matter of fact he was walking through some pretty good right hands from Floyd through out the fight, yet he's all of a sudden KO'd from a couple of decent shots off the break?

Ortiz knew he was being outclassed and decided to quit just like his previous trainer said he would. Folks should be mad at Ortiz for refusing to get up and take his medicine after he started something he couldnt finish!

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                    Would Floyd fans be singing the same tune? Both fighters were in the wrong that round, but while the shot was legal, it was still a cheap shot. It shouldn't have ended that way. Floyd was winning anyway. Had Ortiz done that, I'd be just as upset.
                    - The true *****s would be up in arms. Just think about it for a second - can you imagine Larry/Coach Webb/Mindbat/Dios etc being philosophical about Floyd losing his 0 that way? Just think about it. Try to visualise their posts accepting the loss that way. No, not happening, is it?

- Others would maintain what they do now - that you protect yourselves at all times and it's nobody's fault but the guy who got knocked out (in this scenario, Floyd)

- *******s would be going absolutely delirious.

- And there are others who would also maintain what they do now - it was a cheap shot, a classless underhand way to win a fight, and a horrible representation of our sport.

I put myself in that last category. Let me say this - I cannot stand Floyd and would like nothing more for him to lose and be humbled. But for him to lose like that would be wrong, it would be a sad way for him to lose his 0 that way, and wholly undeserved.

And that is my genuine and honest opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X