Lets be real.. k pavlik was the great white hype.. he got exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets be real.. k pavlik was the great white hype.. he got exposed

yeah i said it..
    look, im not saying he wanted to play that role because he does seem like a humble guy but.. imo that what he pretty much was.. the next new american white hype.. look at his resume look at him fight he isnt a special fighter.. his one decent opponent was taylor and he had life and death struggles against him.. media was building him up like he was superman and had legendary powers.. going as far as saying he had power equilavent to hagler and all other bs.. like i said from jump, he is a basic 1 to 2 punch fighter all he does is the a jab and come with a strong right hand after that.. he has no plan b, c, or d.. he cant adjust to situations, his defense sucks, his chin is ok and he has decent power but not grade A hercules power like they say.. if there was any other fighter like him he wouldnt be getting the same publicity.. and he got exposed.. he also fights dirty.. i told people he couldnt handle calzaghe, **** he barely got past taylor, bhop absolutely destroyed him, jones would probably destroy him, and overall he's a decent fighter but far from elite, he hasnt beaten anyone to claim such.. he got exposed

This is ****ing dumb.

Barely got past Taylor? He knocked him out cold.

Just stop the nonsense and go to bed. drunk ass.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Bull****. Every time a white fighter or a Euro loses, they were hype. Kelly beat Miranda when everyone avoided him. He knocked him out. Kelly KOED Taylor when he was unbeaten. Then he outboxed him in a rematch. He isnt "the great white hope" he just fought a guy with the ability, skills and intelligence to school him badly. Hopkins style and ability are better then those of Pavlik. **** Im tired of the racism **** on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
        This is ****ing dumb.

Barely got past Taylor? He knocked him out cold.

Just stop the nonsense and go to bed. drunk ass.
        you are ****ing insane.. dude, he got knocked down by taylor and was LOSING on all the scorecards before he won the 1st fight..
        the 2nd fight was close and barely won that fight

Comment

Two posts in a row said your thread was stupid.......and it will continue.

LMAO at you feeling the need to make another thread out of this unstead of leaving it at the other thread.

He is not a hype job. He deserved his position by beating two other hyped up guys in Miranda and Taylor - who were also very good fighters despite the "hype" word being thrown around.

Comment

I disagree, he has very good wins over Miranda and Taylor twice, he knocked them both out and beat Taylor by clear decision in their second fight, styles make fights, Hopkins had a terrible style for him which was what most people knew, as I said in another thread, it was just his age and his apparent stamina problems that made people pick Pavlik.

People need to give him time, he's only 26 years old, a lot of people forget this because of what he's already accomplished, he can still be a very good fighter.

And I'll say this again, what he does, he does very well, no he's not the most versatile fighter but he knows what he's doing in there and he's good at it. He'll just come back better after this loss.
            Last edited by Silencers; 10-19-2008, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
              you are ****ing insane.. dude, he got knocked down by taylor and was LOSING on all the scorecards before he won the 1st fight..
              the 2nd fight was close and barely won that fight
              Wow so he struggled against a unbeaten fighter in Taylor, who was competitive against a younger Hopkins and Winky Wright- who is difficult to beat. Taylor a guy who never got knocked out before.

WOW.....shame on the hype job Pavlik for not dominating Taylor in both fights. LMAO at the high standards.

Dude you're making yourself look stupid, just drop it and come back with a new mindset in a few days. Nobody agrees with you.

Comment

Pavlik didn't become a bad fighter overnight. I've never heard the guy hype himself at all, he must be one the most down to earth and humble people in boxing. Why is there always a bandwagon to rubbish a good fighter after his first loss? He just got beat by the better man, end of.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir303 View Post
                  Wow so he struggled against a unbeaten fighter in Taylor, who was competitive against a younger Hopkins and Winky Wright- who is difficult to beat. Taylor a guy who never got knocked out before.

WOW.....shame on the hype job Pavlik for not dominating Taylor in both fights. LMAO at the high standards.

Dude you're making yourself look stupid, just drop it and come back with a new mindset in a few days. Nobody agrees with you.
                  listen jerk off if u dont agree with what i have to say than dont respond or reply to me simple as that get off my dick..

first off taylor never got the respect he deserved he got hated on when all he did was fight the best

miranda was always garbage too me and im actually glad pavlik beat no destroyed him because like i said miranda is trash and wash hyped up

i guess u do not know how to read or just dont ****in get it.. like i said, whether he wanted it or not, kells was being marketed as the new hope for america and boxing pretty much.. i said he was a decent good fighter but he was far from great and hadnt done nothing to get all the hype and credit he was getting.. he seems like a humble dude and it aint really his fault im just saying dude was hyped up and he isnt as good as the media and alot of people who dont know anything about boxing portray him as..if u struggle twice with jermain taylor, a guy for some reason who is perceived as not a legit champion than why and how does pavlik get all this hype???

Comment

Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
                    listen jerk off if u dont agree with what i have to say than dont respond or reply to me simple as that get off my dick..

first off taylor never got the respect he deserved he got hated on when all he did was fight the best

miranda was always garbage too me and im actually glad pavlik beat no destroyed him because like i said miranda is trash and wash hyped up

i guess u do not know how to read or just dont ****in get it.. like i said, whether he wanted it or not, kells was being marketed as the new hope for america and boxing pretty much.. i said he was a decent good fighter but he was far from great and hadnt done nothing to get all the hype and credit he was getting.. he seems like a humble dude and it aint really his fault im just saying dude was hyped up and he isnt as good as the media and alot of people who dont know anything about boxing portray him as..if u struggle twice with jermain taylor, a guy for some reason who is perceived as not a legit champion than why and how does pavlik get all this hype???

Listen to what you're saying guy. He struggled with Taylor.......yes but so did Hopkins and so did Winky Wright. At least he won both fights.

Did anybody say that he has Roy Jones skills or confuse him with Floyd Mayweather on a P4P scale???? No he was hyped for what he is, a very good fighter who is still working on becoming great. I said, don't write him off based on one loss to a great fighter in Hopkins and I stand by that. He can still be great.

So again, stop the nonsense and over the top analysis as if he just got humiliated by a club fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X