Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins "Stop asking me about Chavez Jr. He aint nothing but a gimmick.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    You're not crazy
    i agree...............he's psychotic.

prime for prime? is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Martinez won virtually every round against Barker and knocked him out.
      Hell no he didn't win every round. The fight was competitive and Barker busted his nose.

Also, Macklin isn't a counter puncher. He was purely more defensive minded than usual and raiding in attack. Once again though, Martinez was ahead on the cards and knocked him out.
      I never said he was a counter puncher but he did step back and counter which gave Martinez problems. Imagine what a pure counter-puncher would do to Martinez. It was a close fight until the 10th, both Lederman and Merchant had it even after 9 rounds, don't act like it was a whitewash.

The good, athletic fighters with speed being Jones (with a broken hand), Taylor, Dawson and Calzaghe all beat B-Hop...although Calzaghe shouldn't have.
      If we're talking about prime B-Hop then the Calzaghe and Dawson fights are irrelevant. The Taylor fights were close enough to go either way and Roy is one of the best ever, Martinez could never duplicate what Roy did to B-Hop even if he trained for 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
        I like Sergio but i dont think a man who keeps his hands down by his waist can beat Hopkins....But Sergio did show a good inside game against Chavez
        Sergio keeping his hands down dont make him an easy target. He is a counter puncher. You make a mistake, he makes you pay with 4 or 5 punches, and very accurate as well as fast. You cant land before he lands.

Comment

Martinez would've ended Hopkins boring ass career

Comment

Trolling at its finest.....^^^^^^^^^^^

Martinez hasnt fought anyone even as half as good as Hopkins was in his prime. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              A prime Hopkins would damn shut Sergio out.

The fuck is this shyt NSB?

This dude spars a punching bag and now he can beat a Prime Hopkins?
              It is laughable. I swear man this site has the funniest people man.

Comment

Not just that Chudd but I honestly believe alot of these people werent even boxing fans when Hops was in his prime.

Because if you saw Hopkins in his prime. You wouldnt pick Martinez. 2 different levels of fighters there imo.

I just want to know what fight made people think he would beat Hopkins in his prime? Was when he fought the great Macklin or Barker? The Bunema fight? The Chavez fight? Williams rematch?

This shyt is overboard. I wouldnt even pick Martinez over a Prime 160 pound Jermain Taylor let alone Hopkins.

Comment

I bet you didn't pick Sergio over Williams in the rematch either before he sent him to Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Not just that Chudd but I honestly believe alot of these people werent even boxing fans when Hops was in his prime.

Because if you saw Hopkins in his prime. You wouldnt pick Martinez. 2 different levels of fighters there imo.

I just want to know what fight made people think he would beat Hopkins in his prime? Was when he fought the great Macklin or Barker? The Bunema fight? The Chavez fight? Williams rematch?

This shyt is overboard. I wouldnt even pick Martinez over a Prime 160 pound Jermain Taylor let alone Hopkins.
                    I was just coming in here to post the same thing. It really makes me think many on here have never seen a prime Hopkins. I don't even think Sergio beats the Hopkins that whooped Glenn Johnson, let alone a prime Hopkins cause he got better after that.
                    Last edited by Rip Chudd; 09-20-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

While I agree with every poster, which everyone has a valid point. One thing that stands out is while Bhop has had trouble with much more athletic guys, those guys where also physically bigger than Bhop, Roy has said many of times he outweighed Bhop by 10 + pounds on fight night in their 1st fight. Taylor is a big middle weight with more power than Martinez, yes more power. Paul Williams is not a middle wieght, and Pavlik took Martinez punches well. Also Calzaghe is much stronger guy than guys give him credit for. Just ask Jeff Lacy, and lacy was a baby bull with his strength. Also Dawson is 6'3 and @ light heavy weight his a force "NOT THE SUPER MIDDLE WEIGHT DAWSON, WHOM WAS DOMINATED BY WARD". Prime for prime chavez jr is not comparable to Bhop, heck he' s not now. Martinez has skills and 1 of the top 5 fighters in the world, but he does not hold any advantages over Bhop in their prime. Bhop was bigger, a better boxer/ technician, jusy as good if not better footwork, and while not as fast, he had better timing. also Bhop's boxing IQ is 2nd to none. Bhop would of not got reckless like martinez did with chavez. just look at the Bhop that fought trinidad!!

Comment

Working...
                      X