Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the most overrated boxer right now - GGG or Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    Lomachenko BY FARRRR!

At least Lil'G has put in the work, and nobody can take that away from him, regardless of resume opposition and his mgmt politics at play. I would rather see Jordan and Apple with Lil'G vs Lomachenko anyday by bout counts alone. I hope it stays that way.

I wouldn't be surprised doe if Loma gets surprised endorsements...

HBO are clowns as usual, but that's expected from a declining Boxing network trying to stay a float..

put in the work against whom? His opposition is atrocious. Loma chased the title in his second pro fight. GGG could have been fighting Ward, instead he chooses to "put in work" against Wade

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Lomachenko BY FARRRR!

At least Lil'G has put in the work, and nobody can take that away from him, regardless of resume opposition and his mgmt politics at play. I would rather see Jordan and Apple with Lil'G vs Lomachenko anyday by bout counts alone. I hope it stays that way.

I wouldn't be surprised doe if Loma gets surprised endorsements...

HBO are clowns as usual, but that's expected from a declining Boxing network trying to stay a float..
      Even though the guy on your av is like GGG of Heavyweight division, another certified bum killer

Comment

Fair question, difficult answer. Both guys are obviously worthy and deserving of star status, but they've both been anointed superstar star status, perhaps prematurely.

Dare I say Loma has a better resume? Lol. Gary russell may be the most impressive win of the combined resumes. But GGG has a huge qty edge.

Both fighters are one big name away from justifying it. Canelo would seal the deal for GGG, and Loma has a a few big names to pick from and add to Gary as an impressive victory.

I'm leaning ever so slightly to Loma based on a small number of fights and all the pound for pound top 10 conversations I hear his name involved in.

With that said, hes probably just a couple of fights and a year or so away from justifying it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          put in the work against whom? His opposition is atrocious. Loma chased the title in his second pro fight. GGG could have been fighting Ward, instead he chooses to "put in work" against Wade
          C'mon bro, there's no way in hell the Lil'G vs Ward bout would EVER happen. Loeffler wouldn't even allow that, and their mgmt have kept their investment still going for a reason. Even a couple of years ago Lil'G said it himself that ''Ward is just too much.'' There's no clear cut dry excuse for that. Lil'G can't beat Ward and I'm dissapointed that Ward ever entertained that scenario with a negotiation and waiting for the public to read a ridiculous 164 catch...because as you said, his resume held what water to negotiate against Ward?...

Anyhow, Loma and Rigo should've happened. Didn't Rigo's camp go on record that Loma's camp wanted a particular rehydration clause which is why it didn't happen, or even MORE APPARENT & COMMON, that HBO or Loma's mgmt didn't offer Rigo a respectable offer. I mean HBO and it's promoters go in circles with these ridiculous bout offers they end tricking dumb casual fans that it was Rigo's fault... I don'T expect Loma to know anything about money and common sense..
          Last edited by Lester Tutor; 04-30-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Even though the guy on your av is like GGG of Heavyweight division, another certified bum killer
            People begged Wilder to fight Povetkin... lol same old story.

bommmb squaaaddd!

Comment

Neither of these two great fighters is overrated. Many posters on here badly underrate them because they are from Asia. GGG's not fighting bums but that is his hater's only way of attacking him. How can a guy who is or was totally ducked by Jacobs, Saunders, Cotto, Martinez, Kid Chocolate and Canelo be overrated. They aren't ducking him because he is overrated. They are ducking him because he is a bad SOB. GGG has 15 successful title defenses winning them all by KO. No other champion in boxing today defends his title more often against better opponents than GGG. You want overrated try DeGale or Ward who has fought only 3 average fighters in 4 + years. GGG fights 4 times a year and he recently KOed a middleweight world champion. When is the last time one of your favorite fighters KOed a world champ? GGG has 22 straight KO and 32 KOs in 35 fights. He has never been knocked down and almost never loses a single round in any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Neither of these two great fighters is overrated. Many posters on here badly underrate them because they are from Asia. GGG's not fighting bums but that is his hater's only way of attacking him. How can a guy who is or was totally ducked by Jacobs, Saunders, Cotto, Martinez, Kid Chocolate and Canelo be overrated. They aren't ducking him because he is overrated. They are ducking him because he is a bad SOB. GGG has 15 successful title defenses winning them all by KO. No other champion in boxing today defends his title more often against better opponents than GGG. You want overrated try DeGale or Ward who has fought only 3 average fighters in 4 + years. GGG fights 4 times a year and he recently KOed a middleweight world champion. When is the last time one of your favorite fighters KOed a world champ? GGG has 22 straight KO and 32 KOs in 35 fights. He has never been knocked down and almost never loses a single round in any fight.
                I don't like Golovkin, but you have a good logical point here

Comment

Who's more overrated out of these two boxers?
                  The bum killer GGG or Lomachenko with his pillow hands?
                  I get the slam on GGG because of his competition(What an ORIGINAL ARGUMENT), but how the hell is Lomachenko overrated? The guy won two Olympic gold medals, more or less beat Salido in his second fight, beat Gary Russell, Jr. who was then unbeaten and picked up the WBO title and has made a few defenses and getting ready now to face Rocky Martinez- all of this within seven fights. Last time I checked, he's not in the Ring's pound for pound list. I'm sure he's up there at featherweight but he IS one of the champions and knocked off an unbeaten champion. And pillow fisted? He's got 3 KO's in 5 wins. How is that pillow fisted? You should rethink this one.

Comment

Yes, but GRJ might be his only solid win in pro boxing

He might be a top 10 p4p material in the future but why he's getting all that praise now, this praise doesn't reflect his current accomplishments

I really want to ask people here what's so special about his boxing skills, except for the footwork?

I can respect the guy because he's not scared of challenges like it was with Salido though

GGG would be the biggest star in boxing now if he had Lomachenko balls
                    Um, 395-1 as an amateur? Two Olympic gold medals? He deserved praise coming in.

He's accomplished plenty in six fights and looks elite already. And since when does a second loss end a fighter's chances of being elite? These modern boxing fans...smh.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      Are you so ignorant about boxing that you don't know that just before GGG fought Wade Ward fought as a light heavyweight and entered the ring weighing 186 pounds or almost 20 pounds heavier than what GGG weighs on fight night. It seems the only way you GGG haters think you can get him beat is to have him fight a great fighter two weight classes bigger. Wade was rated as the 3rd best middleweight in the world by the WBC and the IBF. He had a great amateur record and was undefeated as a 26 year old pro so he isn't an atrocious opponent and neither was Murray or world champion Lemieux. Other champions like Lara have been fighting atrocious opponents recently but GGG fights decent world rated mandatory opponents in order to keep the titles he fought for and won. If he turns down Wade to fight light heavyweight Ward then he forfeits his IBF title which I am sure would please you. Since you think GGG should go up 15 pounds to fight Ward then you must think Khan going up a mere 8 pounds to fight Canelo is a great match.

Comment

Working...
                      X