Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank Jr vs Danny Jacobs - Who Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Eubank Jr vs Danny Jacobs - Who Win?

After that performance this is a very tough fight to call. Should be an excellent fight and it's next up for both these guys as Eubank Jr challenges for the Middleweight title.

On a side note: could Eubank Jr actually be the man to dethrone GGG as his father Eubank Sr predicted?
    Chris Eubank Jr by KO
    35.59%
    Danny Jacobs by K0
    40.68%
    Chris Eubank Jr by Decision
    10.17%
    Danny Jacobs by Decision
    11.86%
    Draw
    1.69%

Eubank Jr is a C level fighter, Jacobs would mop the floor with him

Comment

Jacobs only weakness is his chin he is better than everything Eubank does and he has more power, I'm all aboard the Jacobs train.

Comment

It would be a nightmare experience for Eubank Jr.

Danny Jacobs is coming off a destruction over Sergio Mora and Peter Quillin. Say what you want about Quillin, but he was a champion and he was undefeated. Certainly better than these guys that Eubank Jr. is fighting. The only time Eubank stepped up, he lost. Same will happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Eubank Jr is a C level fighter, Jacobs would mop the floor with him
          C-level? Have you seen the guy fight, he's world level no doubt. He beats everyone Jacobs beat and he beats Pirog easy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            After that performance this is a very tough fight to call. Should be an excellent fight and it's next up for both these guys as Eubank Jr challenges for the Middleweight title.

On a side note: could Eubank Jr actually be the man to dethrone GGG as his father Eubank Sr predicted?
            Daniel Jacobs is whole different kettle of fish to anything that Eubank Jr has ever seen; holding off on picking that fight, though.

In terms of the Golovkin conversation, the path has already been layed out for anyone willing to see it; Golovkin loses to any fighter who has power that can box going forward/backward. Simply look at the amount of success that Gabriel Rosado had when he actually sat and fought.

It's no wonder why K2 has been so careful with moving the guy (gladly being open to take any concession to fight more crude guys, like Froch or Chavez Jr, yet not even acknowledging the existence of guys like Ward, Lara, Andrade, etc).

Eubank Jr likes to fight more than he should, but Booth has his boxing skills starting to show out, he seems to be adept at minding his defense for the most part, and he can fight on the inside, going backward/forward, etc.

If the power shows up, Eubank may be right.

Comment

Eubank Jr has too much variety, too many ringsmarts and is too durable - he wins by KO. I like Jacobs but even in his win over Quilin his attacks looked ragged.

Comment

Eubank.

He's improving every fight and making big strides. The only issue to correct is that he gets wild when looking to finish and that leaves him open, but that can be fixed quite easily.

He's got good skill, he's fast, he's physically very strong with an iron chin...he's got a lot of tools to work with.

Comment

There's no doubt Eubank has some world class attributes but he still has a lot to learn too. He loads up with every single combination which is fun to watch and i'm sure he's very fit but a world class fighter can make you more tired and you won't get away with it as much.

He's an incredible athlete though which can win him some fights on that alone but that won't ring true against world class fighters.

I still have a feeling Eubank would win it though, i don't know why, i think he does have something about him. I don't judge him that much on the Saunders fight because he jumped up from fighting actual bums or Saunders too quickly and actually did pretty well. I don't care how good you are, it's a game of levels that you need to work through. That fight should have happened now or after beating someone like Spike O'Sullivan, not a year ago.

If he beats Jacobs and Saunders beats Lee then it sets up a huge rematch with both holding world titles.

Comment

Jacobs catches him early and puts him away, TKO/KO within 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X