Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was Mattysse's body attack on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was Mattysse's body attack on Saturday?

It was no where to be found. He did a lot of headhunting and sloppy punching. He didn't look well trained to me and fought like his feet were halfway outside the ring from round 2 onward.

All night I was like, "you know, Lucas isn't banging the body". Anyway Postol dominated him and looked good whenever he wasn't clinching and letting the leather fly.

Looks like he fell in love with his power over the years.

He actually boxed quite well again Judah and Alexander, went to the body a lot in those fights to set things up but then got two shady decisions against him.

So maybe he started feeling he had to just lay guys out. Certainly seemed that was all he was trying to do against Postol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      It was no where to be found. He did a lot of headhunting and sloppy punching. He didn't look well trained to me and fought like his feet were halfway outside the ring from round 2 onward.

All night I was like, "you know, Lucas isn't banging the body". Anyway Postol dominated him and looked good whenever he wasn't clinching and letting the leather fly.
      Yes he did, what he did? I don't know? But he did it! . Then got dropped & stopped, and I lost money.
      Postol beat the guy I bet on.

I underestimated Postol, or over estimated Lucas. Either way, this is boxing, and I lost & paid.
      Last edited by Zaroku; 10-06-2015, 06:41 AM.

Comment

He was headhunting all night. The funny thing is you could see him tiring round by round once postol got his jab going, Lucas gave Provo all the respect in the world by boxing him on the outside and going to the body, but against postol he underestimate him and paid dearly for it.

Comment

He always abandons the body attack too easily. It's so frustrating.

Comment

Fatigue sets in and Lucas just abandons everything and just tries for massive head shots to get the KO. Its like he gets desperate as soon as he gets hit with a good clean shot.

Comment

Indeed, no body shots... but he could also use more head movement and an agressive moving foward attack, that way he could get to Postol way earlier.

Don't know, it looked like Mathysse wasn't there.

But I like alot the way Postol handled the first 5 rounds.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X