No announcement yet.

Nathan Cleverly vs Tony Bellew II will be aired on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Cleverly vs Tony Bellew II will be aired on PPV

Can you believe it? Eddie Hearn believes the Cleverly-Bellew II card on 22/11 is PPV worthy because they are treating us to '6 hours of championship boxing' with some of the 'best fighters on Britain on show'. I don't see Khan, Frampton or Froch on the card so I'm not sure where he is getting that from.

Below is the fights confirmed on the night:

NATHAN CLEVERLY VS TONY BELLEW
    12 x 3 mins WBO & WBA Intercontinental Cruiserweight titles

JAMES DEGALE VS MARCO ANTONIO PERIBAN
    12 x 3 mins Super Middleweight contest

SCOTT QUIGG VS HIDENORI OTAKE
    12 x 3 mins WBA World Super Bantamweight title

JAMIE MCDONNELL VS WALBERTO RAMOS
    12 x 3 mins WBA World Bantamweight title

ANTHONY JOSHUA VS MICHAEL SPROTT
    10 x 3 mins British Heavyweight title eliminator

CALLUM SMITH VS NIKOLA SJEKLOCA
    12 x 3 mins WBC Super Middleweight title official eliminator

GEORGE GROVES VS DENIS DOUGLIN

The main event is the only fight on the card that I see as competitive and it is between two fighters that have proven that they can't do it on the world stage. The rest of the card is full of names vs no names. This is a typical Matchroom card, full of mismatches.

Do you think this card is PPV worthy?

NO.

Big names on a boxing card =/= competitive fights.

Yes there are some big names on the card but most of them are fighting sub par opposition. Yes, Cleverly-Bellew II is a main event but it's not a PPV main event. DeGale-Periban is the one I'm most excited about but again it's not something I'd want to pay for.

Comment

It is o.k.

There are good tests for Calum Smith and Degale but in reality there is only one world title fight on the card and even that is a bit iffy.

Joshua will flatten a shop worn Sprott.

Comment

To be fair, it's an entertaining packed card, not all fights are 50-50 but lets be honest, rarely are there cards where all fights are 50-50's

I'm not buying it but i'm not going to shit on it either.

Comment

It reminds me a bit of that Magnificent 7 card of Warren's a while back.

Comment

Al-Haymon type match-ups

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              It is o.k.

There are good tests for Calum Smith and Degale but in reality there is only one world title fight on the card and even that is a bit iffy.

Joshua will flatten a shop worn Sprott.

You've really gone out on a limb there buddy, a very controversial pick

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                You've really gone out on a limb there buddy, a very controversial pick
                I know how brave am I?

It is like picking Chelsea to beat the Duck and Duck on a Sunday morning when the Dog and Dog are still absolutely smashed from the night before.

I will go further and pick a KO in 1 though...put myself out there a bit more.

No disrespect to Sprott either he has had a proper career but he is being sold down the river here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I know how brave am I?

It is like picking Chelsea to beat the Duck and Duck on a Sunday morning when the Dog and Dog are still absolutely smashed from the night before.

I will go further and pick a KO in 1 though...put myself out there a bit more.

No disrespect to Sprott either he has had a proper career but he is being sold down the river here.
                  Yeah, i think he knows it though and is just happy picking up a decent packet, it must be his highest ever purse?

I think he'll stick around for at least 1 round, although i wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

In other news Hitler is dead & the Titanic has sank.
                    Its actually not a bad card. Agree that the main event is trash though

Comment

Working...
                    X