Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: I Have No Excuses, I'll Be Back To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao should retire in 2013. Maybe two more fights he knows be can win. He's done enough.

What we saw last night was that increasing vulnerability that so many fighters get when they grow older. I thought he was fighting more fluidly and better than he has in several fights - he looked sharp, and he looked great. If we're objective, he was winning that fight.

JMM gets the win he deserves. He should probably retire on that note. Pacquiao is clearly the fresher of the two, at least before getting knocked out cold, so he should have enough left in the tank to put a couple of final wins on his record. What an incredible end to two great warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      Floyd would have KO'd Manny so easy it's funny. So stop talking about how much class Manny has. If he was so classy he would have fought Floyd instead of letting Arum tell him what to do.
      Doubt it, Floyd wouldn't take the necessary risk and go for the KO. He'd be happy just to box him to a UD. Don't even get started on why the MP FM didn't happen, just look at who put the first obstacle in the way.

Comment

I give Pacquiao credit. He takes his loses like a man should. He's still a great fighter and champion.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
          Floyd would have KO'd Manny so easy it's funny. So stop talking about how much class Manny has. If he was so classy he would have fought Floyd instead of letting Arum tell him what to do.
          Dude stop trying to give Mayweather props. Maywather didn't have to balls to get in the ring like Marquez did. You Mayweather fans are celebratling like Floyd got the KO. You're celebrating because now Floyd has the excuse not to get in harms way but Canelo and Martinez are coming for Floyd, no excuses!

Comment

Floyd Wouldn't KO Anybody; He's Afraid To Take Risk

Junior made Cotto & Mosley more than 10 years before he would fight either, because they were too dangerous in their prime. Most that saw Oscar Dela Hoya fight Junior, felt Oscar win that fight. Junior wales away from a $25m rematch with Oscar. Junior could have fought Marcos Maidana after he destroyed Victor Ortiz, INSTEAD Junior opted for the knocked out victim, Victor Ortiz! Who does that?!!!? What a puzzy! Now Junior has made Pacquiao wait more than 4 years; too dangerous. Floyd Junior lacks ballz. He's a weasel. Dint tell me how Floyd would do this or do that to Pacquiao or Canelo. Junior EVEN after this latest set back, won't fight Pacquiao and he'll spin it and say he's not marketable, or he's on the downhill slide, lost again, blah, blah, blah. It didn't stop Junior from fighting a knocked out Ortiz! You saw JMM's face. Junior saw his face. No way will Floyd Junior stick his pencil neck in the ring to face that attack. That's the difference between a legend warrior in JMM, and Junior who needs to grow a set.

Comment

this is why i like pacquiao. humble in victory and defeat. no excuses. that was one of the best fights ive seen. everything that's good about boxing. two great fighters in a back and forth fight, both going for the ko. tons of drama and an amazing ko. for a fight that i wasnt insanely interested in going in, i would definitely watch a 5 fight between these guys.

oh and i dont see why paq should retire. he put up a heck of a fight against a really really smart fighter and was beating him up until marquez landed that perfect punch. unless he's really affected by the ko, i dont see any reason for pacquiao to retire. he's not at his best but he's still a great fighter.
              Last edited by drummerjc5; 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Marquez took PED probably GH but its not him to blame, it's his new conditioning trainer who steroid fed athletes in the past. Either way, I am happy for Marquez, he's always been one of my fave boxer of all time.

Comment

Rematch or not, this goes into the record books. Historic win for Marquez. No excuses from Pacquiao.

Congratz Marquez.

From a Pac fan.

Comment

Pac is a true champion despite what anybody says.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                      Pac is a true champion despite what anybody says.
                      Yup, classy as always. He knew that Marquez had his number. Marquez timed him well.

No matter what the outcome, this fight will always be remembered.

Pac is a champ despite what any hater say

Comment

Working...
                      X