Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cent Mentioning Gamboa against floyd seems to be working.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 cent Mentioning Gamboa against floyd seems to be working.

Was just doing my usually Saturday boxing browsing on youtube and was watching some gamboa and notice a comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w32aohgV_j8

and was thinking he defiantly can bring some new vistors and hype a fighter up, too bad he burned his bridges. He could have probably had some decent success.

Putting a guys name with Floyd is one of the number one promoting tricks currently in boxing.

Very cost effective and always gets people talking one way or the other. The problem with it, is that it always becomes more and more Floyd oriented as time goes on but still it simulates conversation about guys who don't get discussed near as much.

Comment

How do you think Arum promoted Margarito, Cotto, and now Pacquiao?

50 just taking a page out of Bob Arum's book and it works.

Comment

the way 50 has been handling things, i wouldn't be surprised to see gamboa fighting at a walmart in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Putting a guys name with Floyd is one of the number one promoting tricks currently in boxing.

Very cost effective and always gets people talking one way or the other. The problem with it, is that it always becomes more and more Floyd oriented as time goes on but still it simulates conversation about guys who don't get discussed near as much.
          Floyd put his name with Pacquiao and before that with Oscar which is funny, his comeback came when Pacman was the talk of the town same day as Pac hatton versus Marquez a rival of Pac's, and ever since than Floyd has been brilliant in mentioning Pacquiao's name to tease the people yes Pacquiao you are next, to I never said that! Pac is using my name!

Comment

So maybe at his next fight, 103 fans will show up instead of 97

Comment

i'd stop associating my name with a famous duck if i were one of these young boxers. floyd's name would ruin your rep.

learn from pacman who built his rep on his own.

Last edited by tomhawq; 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Floyd put his name with Pacquiao and before that with Oscar which is funny, his comeback came when Pacman was the talk of the town same day as Pac hatton versus Marquez a rival of Pac's, and ever since than Floyd has been brilliant in mentioning Pacquiao's name to tease the people yes Pacquiao you are next, to I never said that! Pac is using my name!

Manny's team mentions Floyd just as much for about the same amount of time. On top of that Arum used Floyd's name to get Margarito's out there before Oscar. It is not like Floyd invented that trick it is as old as boxing but Floyd just happens to get used the most, Manny would get used in that way second most.

You do realize the Manny-Hatton fight was co-promoted by GBP, GBP did Floyd-JMM so do you think the promoters who are behind things like you know promoting the fight were behind that~

You always only tell one side of a story~

Comment

you gotta be an idiot to say pac and arum has to use a duck's name to promote a fight. floyd did this on his own. he'll always be associated with pac's name or the other way around because it's the biggest duck he pulled and the highest profiled duck in the history of the sport.

of course, pac will always be asked about the duck. that's not using a duck's name. that's answering questions from fans.

pac is an impressive fighter. he doesn't have to use a duck's name. it's the other way around when half of the world doesn't even recognize you because of your boring fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Manny's team mentions Floyd just as much for about the same amount of time. On top of that Arum used Floyd's name to get Margarito's out there before Oscar. It is not like Floyd invented that trick it is as old as boxing but Floyd just happens to get used the most, Manny would get used in that way second most.

You do realize the Manny-Hatton fight was co-promoted by GBP, GBP did Floyd-JMM so do you think the promoters who are behind things like you know promoting the fight were behind that~

You always only tell one side of a story~
                    Lmao. And your not???

Comment

Working...
                    X