No announcement yet.

Keep "Lights Out" on the air

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep "Lights Out" on the air

Im a huge fan of the show and was saddened when I found out FX wont pick it up for a second season. There is still hope as many other networks are looking into possibly picking it up. If you like the show, look me up on facebook (Dave Wilcox) and join our Facebook group, "Keep Lights Out on the air"

Or pm me directly

thanks

hopefully Mr Reeno doesnt mind me posting this here

i thought you were talking about the iba heavyweight champion of the world

ha ha ha

Comment

Loved the Light Out series too, with that said I'm not one of those who wants another season.

One season is enough, the 40 year Old Lights got his title back and his pugilistic dementia was in full play at the end, where he couldn't even remember whether he won the fight.

What more is there to it? Have him fight more? And turn it into a Rocky fantasy?

Some great series are just meant to be One-Season, just like many great movies didn't need a stupid sequel.

Comment

i love the show too but come on man heavyweight champion @ 209 lbs.??? he's not even fast!

Comment

I think if there was a second season it would be fallout over the controversey in that fight.

Comment

Apparently it was being set up for Leary to enter the promoting side of things. Whatever, FX struck out again, people didn't want to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
              Loved the Light Out series too, with that said I'm not one of those who wants another season.

One season is enough, the 40 year Old Lights got his title back and his pugilistic dementia was in full play at the end, where he couldn't even remember whether he won the fight.

What more is there to it? Have him fight more? And turn it into a Rocky fantasy?

Some great series are just meant to be One-Season, just like many great movies didn't need a stupid sequel.
              So is this like PlayMaker? another one season wonder?

Comment

1 good season is enough, no real place to go with it and have it turn out like this season.

I would rather it just stop than to sink into mediocrity and it would be hard to make another season not be that.

Comment

it was ok, but i don't see it going anywhere. Also if you're going to do a show about boxing why an Irish American?? It's barely relevant anymore.....the Irish, Jews and Italians don't even send a tenth of the contenders to the ring that they did in the past.

A show about boxing......who is the target demographic??....it should be hispanics. I would have liked to have seen one with a American latino (mexican) fighter as the lead character. There's plenty of ways to go about a series relating to boxing, down from the setting to the actual age of the fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

This is true. Many TV shows go on for far too long, and any serialised one hour drama cannot sustain a full 22 episode season.

Given that, Lights Out should;ve kept on going. The creator had the second season planned out. And the seasons were only 13 episodes. Lights Out easily could've gone on for another season or two without wearing out its welcome.

Oh and the ratings were abysmal. Any other network would've pulled the show off air after the first two episodes.

Comment

Working...
                    X