No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Khan vs Maidana, great fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    I don't even know why Khan is with Hunter. Hunter hasn't improved his defense one bit.
    I think he's taught him how to survive after getting hurt or maybe it's just experience. Iirc he did move better after he was hurt against Diaz.

The trouble Khan now has is that opponents are training for power. Diaz said that's all he focused on in his training camp, he felt that over the course of 12 he could land the one shot that would hurt Khan and win the fight.

At the end of the day Virgil Hunter asked Khan to move to San Francisco where he could train him properly over a period of months, Khan stayed in Bolton.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I think he's taught him how to survive after getting hurt or maybe it's just experience. Iirc he did move better after he was hurt against Diaz.

The trouble Khan now has is that opponents are training for power. Diaz said that's all he focused on in his training camp, he felt that over the course of 12 he could land the one shot that would hurt Khan and win the fight.

At the end of the day Virgil Hunter asked Khan to move to San Francisco where he could train him properly over a period of months, Khan stayed in Bolton.
      See Khan isn't as dedicated as he makes out when it comes to polishing his defense and fixing mistakes. Plus Khan just looks so vulnerable when he's hurt, ''being smart'' when he gets caught now just looks like he is hanging on for dear life, he hasn't got the punch resistance for pro boxing. Diaz cemented the blueprint that all you have to do is plant your feet and land that big ass shot and you've got him.

Comment

Working...
      X