Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easily Pacquiao. If you asked everyone here in January of 2007 how Pac would fair against guys like Cotto and Margarito you'd get a lot of:

But just two and a half years later it turned to:

Though I think Floyd is the more talented of the two, I don't think he challenged himself once he hit the top and remained on a plateau and did everything he could to remain at that spot. The last big risk IMO he took was against Corrales. He's fought names just like Pacquiao has, but we were wanting see fights with Mayweather vs Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, etc years before Manny was ever a thought of fighting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
      BAldomir is shorter than Floyd, the hell u smoking on? Size advantage to me would be a guy like manny fighting a guy like marg.
      So how is Cotto bigger than Pacquaio then?

Going by the same logic?

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Easily Pacquiao. If you asked everyone here in January of 2007 how Pac would fair against guys like Cotto and Margarito you'd get a lot of:

But just two and a half years later it turned to:

Though I think Floyd is the more talented of the two, I don't think he challenged himself once he hit the top and remained on a plateau and did everything he could to remain at that spot. The last big risk IMO he took was against Corrales. He's fought names just like Pacquiao has, but we were wanting see fights with Mayweather vs Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, etc years before Manny was ever a thought of fighting them.
        castillo >>>>> corrales

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Going by the same logic?
          cotto is shorter than manny?

anyway, this logic is stupid

Comment

• Every fight is a health risk!! Mannys chances in regards to quality oposition is abit better than Floyds!
            Both are 17 yr. vets!

Mannys; Pro record W54(38) L5(3) D2= 61 bouts

Floyds; Pro record W43(26) L0 D0=43 bouts

When you take into consideration that Manny moved from Fly to Welter and fighting the top contenders as he moved through each division is more impressive than Floyds rise! There is something to be said about a no defeat record however its common knowledge that Mayweather has "negotiated" through his career carefully!!
            Funny how neither man is in the top fifteen in the weight class they perform in now but are considered by fans as ATGs! My guess is Floyd at 135-140lbs would be his best fighting weight. Manny probably at 126-135lbs another guess! Both would be abused at Welterweight against the top men all time!!

Ray Corso

Comment

• its abut even. manny might have fought slightly more quality fighters but mayweather fought all kinds of oponents regardless of styles while manny avoided certain kinds of fighters (no, not african americans).

all in all its about even. if i would give an edge i would give it to floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                cotto is shorter than manny?

anyway, this logic is stupid
                No, but they're pretty much the same height.

It's clear to see that Baldomir is obviously a lot bigger than Mayweather is.

Comment

Going by the same logic?
                  Iron, I'm giving a true warning. If you bring yourself down to their level with sarcastic intelligence, imma keep you there-permanently!

Comment

No, but they're pretty much the same height.

It's clear to see that Baldomir is obviously a lot bigger than Mayweather is.
                    That's it. Babe, get my shotgun!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      figured i couldn't get a normal response from you. Cant expect less from a NSB reject. f8ckin loser. you cant even stay on a boxing forum because your to damn dumb! youre a special needs poster that burbs up insults. You couldnt even accidentally hold an intelligent conversation! feeble minded nincompoop! :WORD:
                      You're calling someone dumb when you are barely literate. Is that what's hip nowadays?

Comment

Working...
                      X