Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan M. Marquez announces retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finito was clean, unconventional and a superb puncher. Actually, he was very "pacquiao-esque" in the way he was able to connect from his angles.

But i think Marquez was much more skilled in the sense that he sometimes made up for lack of athleticism with great footwork and counterpunching, which we didn't see too much from any of the other Mexican greats.

Comment

Damn, one of the best of our time. Mexican legend.

Comment

Pacquiao really did a number on him in november to the point that he wants to hang them up

Comment

man had a great career and i enjoyed watching him and was blessed to witness his greatness.will make a great commentator for a spanish station

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            Pacquiao really did a number on him in november to the point that he wants to hang them up

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Mamba View Post
              Agree with this one

Comment

Marquez has had an excellent career and can retire with pride. Would love to see him fight Morales before he leaves.

Comment

[IMG]http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o577/*******smasher/MarquezWon.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o577/*******smasher/depepesd3.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

One of the best, a shame others didn't see it, as the Fans of Boxing did.

Comment

One of the most (probably the most) skilled mexican fighters of all time, the fact that he is competitive (and most people would beat) the number 1 p4p fighter in the world at 38 years old is a testament to his greatness.

I'll miss you Marquez.

Originally posted by punchville View Post
                      he's bluffin...resume is weak for an excellnet fighter...
                      Weak's a bit harsh, he doesn't have the greatest resume ever but imo it's far from weak. Barrera, Casamayor, (and depending on who you ask) Pacquiao, and even though Katsidis and Juan Diaz may not exactly be atg's, they were both elite fighters when Marquez fought them (not to mention Marquez is 10 years older than both of them).

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                      A gamboa fight would be awesome
                      That would be a great fight but for Marquez's last fight it would be better if he fought someone with more name value.

I get it, you're not really a *******, this is a troll account.

Comment

Working...
                      X