Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not really good at maths so help me out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not really good at maths so help me out.

When talking about a potential GGG-Hopkins fight this is what Loeffler said.

Loeffler explained- "I've always said if there's a middleweight champion willing to fight him, it's always going to be the priority. If (Billy Joe) Saunders isn't going to fight, if 'Canelo's (Saul Alvarez) is not going to fight, we would consider a marketable name at 168 and Hopkins, is more active than (Andre) Ward is, so it makes sense.

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...-fight--101143

Ward's longest layoff was from 11/2013-6/2015, nineteen months

Hopkins hasn't fought since 11/2014

Ward fought in June of 2015 and is fighting this year in March. That's two fights within a year.

GGG is fighting in late April this year. A fight with Hopkins would have to happen in July. That would mean Hopkins would have been inactive for twenty months.

At the end of the article Steve Kim shows his bias by pointing out Hopkins has fought four times since 2013 and Ward has fought twice since 2013. Once you factor in Ward's next fight he would have fought three times since 2013. And since he's getting another tune-up before the Kovalev fight later this year that means he would've fought four times since 2013. The same as Hopkins.

How is Hopkins more active than Ward?

It's not calculus folks.

Comment

I'm waiting for your thread where you try to prove that Ward's not a clincher.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        I'm waiting for your thread where you try to prove that Ward's not a clincher.

Comment

Shouldn't we consider age in this equation?

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post

Loeffler explained- "I've always said if there's a middleweight champion willing to fight him, it's always going to be the priority. If (Billy Joe) Saunders isn't going to fight, if 'Canelo's (Saul Alvarez) is not going to fight, we would consider a marketable name at 168 and Hopkins, is more active than (Andre) Ward is, so it makes sense.

Ward fought in June of 2015 and is fighting this year in March. That's two fights within a year.

GGG is fighting in late April this year. A fight with Hopkins would have to happen in July. That would mean Hopkins would have been inactive for twenty months.

At the end of the article Steve Kim shows his bias by pointing out Hopkins has fought four times since 2013 and Ward has fought twice since 2013. Once you factor in Ward's next fight he would have fought three times since 2013. And since he's getting another tune-up before the Kovalev fight later this year that means he would've fought four times since 2013. The same as Hopkins.

Let's look at the age gap of BHop vs
          Ward. I feel that is almost acceptable that Hopkins fights less often- just saying

Comment

Well, since BHOP already has his fights in the books and Ward doesn't....BHOP has been the more active fighter up to this point. For all we know, Ward could pull out of this fight with another "injury".

Comment

Well, you went from arguing that Golovkin is shook by Ward, even though they always said they'll fight him, AND left the door open for 2017.
              Now you're arguing that Ward was not inactive.. which is just.. uh.. priceless.

So I looked for something more ridiculous you can argue and came up with Ward not being a clincher.

Watch - you're gonna forget about this in a couple of weeks and make the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Well, you went from arguing that Golovkin is shook by Ward, even though they always said they'll fight him, AND left the door open for 2017.
                Now you're arguing that Ward was not inactive.. which is just.. uh.. priceless.

So I looked for something more ridiculous you can argue and came up with Ward not being a clincher.

Watch - you're gonna forget about this in a couple of weeks and make the thread.
                Ward has had one fight within the last year. Hopkins has had one fight within the last year and a half. Ward has a fight scheduled next month. Hopkins doesn't have a fight for the foreseeable future. How is Hopkins currently more active than Ward?

Comment

The Ward fight has sailed. Move on.

Comment

If you're not good at math just ask professor steiner

Comment

Working...
                    X