Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the biggest hype job in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my answer is chavez jr

Comment

Deontay Wilder has to have the best Job in the whole world who else would pay you millions to beat up cab driver and Night Train drinking bums ?

Comment

ggg.....it isn't even close. the guy has beaten nothing but tomato can/cab drivers and was picked by fans to be the foty lmao!!! if that ain't a hybe job then there's no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Deontay Wilder has to have the best Job in the whole world who else would pay you millions to beat up cab driver and Night Train drinking bums ?
          Except he isn't making millions, he hasn't even earned over $100k, and that is why I don't think he can be considered a hype job. He has almost no fan base, doesn't get any media attention etc.

Compare that to these other guys getting hundreds of thousands of viewers making millions.

Comment

Chavez Jr, Kahn, and Broner belong on this list

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I gotta go with canelo,, everyone on the list is proven but wilder, and wilder nobody really takes serious anyways..

Alot of people think canelo is the next golden boy, and will be a huge star for years to come, but i just dont see it.. He is a good fighter, but nothing special in my eyes, fernando vargas was much better IMO

If canelo didnt get the hype and declared a ppv star he would be much better off, but with all the praise and hype, i have to consider him the most over hyped guy today
              How are GGG and Fury more proven than Canelo?

Comment

Fury and Wilder arent hyped, they are barely known

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  How are GGG and Fury more proven than Canelo?
                  Good question,,,

Fury has solid heavy wins vs chisora, cunningham, and he won them decisively

GGG has also alot of solid wins vs stevens, macklin, rosado

Both have passed their tests with flying colors, and neither are hyped as the next big ppv star, and the next golden boy,,, GGG has alot of hype but no one is claiming he will be the next ppv star like oscar, floyd, etc.. People make that claim about canelo

Canelo has some solid wins, but has never looked dominant, even vs C-level compeition like rhodes, hatton, gomez, etc Fury and GGG destroy those level of fighters whereas canelo doesnt look dominant, he wins, but does not dominant,, He has only looked really good vs the much smaller Lopez..

Can you imagine if GGG or Fury had an old shot mosely in front of them, let alone hatton, rhodes, gomez, cintron, lopez... They would wreck those guys badly..

Canelo has much more hype than either GGG or Fury, that is why i chose him,, I have said it for a long time now,, canelo a good fighter, but nothing special about him,, Floyd undressed him, and lara would too... Trout was a solid win but he really struggled with him, and no one knows how good trout is,,, He might never get a marqee win besides the cotto win

Comment

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
                    Chavez Jr, Kahn, and Broner belong on this list
                    OMG - Broner , if I could edit the poll i'd defo take out Rigo and put Broner in, Khan I think has been around too long to be considered a hype job, and Chavez well, he lost his unbeaten record and was mostly schooled by Martinez so I don't think he can be seen as a hype job anymore either.

Comment

Wilder seems like the only guy that qualifies as a hype job.

Comment

Working...
                      X