Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Jose Feliciano not acknowledged as a top 10 ATG guitar player?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    Maybe because up to now, he hasn't seen his guitar yet.

Okay, I know that one is corny...
    ........that was coooolldddd blooodeedddd.....

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      Too many amazing guitarists out there to make a list. Depends on your criteria.

Been listening to Jose Feliciano since I was a kid. Great stuff.

For my money, Steve Vai or John Petrucci are the greatest guitarists ever.
      here's the problem, you can't compare an electric guitar to someone playing acoustic much less classical guitar. The greatest guitarists will play with their five fingers and will play master pieces, not solos. Jose Feliciano IS way better than those two mentioned, then just add that he's blind

Comment

Flamenco is definitely a beautiful style of guitar playing

As a guitar player, ive just never been into virtuoso guitarists like Vai.

The acoustic virtuoso's is where it is at

but even then sometimes their complexities overshadow the actual music.

i find the more i play and listen to music the more i love the simplicity of a great song at its core

dont get me wrong i respect the hell out of these guys

but they are almost too good for their own good

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
          here's the problem, you can't compare an electric guitar to someone playing acoustic much less classical guitar. The greatest guitarists will play with their five fingers and will play master pieces, not solos. Jose Feliciano IS way better than those two mentioned, then just add that he's blind
          thats a touchy subject

ive been playing for about 10 years and i rarely ever actually look down at the guitar because its all muscle memory by this point.

im not saying its easy for the guy of course

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
            You nailed it man. Feliciano is creating all those effects with his natural attributes. He's not plugged into some 12 step pedal with 400 effects that allow you to pretend you can manipulate the instrument.

What he does is organic.

Its not even a contest.

Its akin to a master photographer creating effects in camera through skill of film exposure and manipulation of light vs. some photoshopping dip**** who relies on photoshop algorithms to do his dirty work

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
              You nailed it man. Feliciano is creating all those effects with his natural attributes. He's not plugged into some 12 step pedal with 400 effects that allow you to pretend you can manipulate the instrument.

What he does is organic.

Its not even a contest.

Its akin to a master photographer creating effects in camera through skill of film exposure and manipulation of light vs. some photoshopping dip**** who relies on photoshop algorithms to do his dirty work

i have to say

thats a damn good analogy

Comment

My boi Antonio Banderas doing a pretty good version of Malaguena his dam self.

Respect to him.

Comment

Get a load of this broads version. I bet this is how she diddles her twat at night thinking about Dickie Buffman.

That's good shit though. None of you wannabe players could pull this of even if you were high on your drugs.

Comment

Rappers have more talent than guitar players.

Comment

This thread reminds me of the pilot for the Miami Vice TV show where Trini the drug dealer says to Crocket...

And forget about Desi Arnaz, man.
                      The fact that dude never got an Academy Award...
                      says something very deep about the American psyche.

Comment

Working...
                      X