No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: "It is like the IBF belt will be on the line for Brook vs Khan"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Spence getting some of that medicine that the demographic otherwise loves. Now they are screaming foul play. Amazing!
    Nah. They probably hope Brook would just step aside and hand over his belt. Brook is not exactly a cakewalk for Spence. That's why they're not so concerned about the resulting inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      ]

6:00 .

Told you all that Spence would be told what to do.
      The IBF does not allow step-aside deals, so Brook will either have to face Spence in the interim and then go on to Khan, or vacate his title. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-on-....c6YT4R1L.dpuf

I guess somebody better inform the IBF. According to their rules they don't allow step aside deals. We all know they follow their rules to the letter of the law.[/QUOTE]Yesssssss!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Nah. They probably hope Brook would just step aside and hand over his belt. Brook is not exactly a cakewalk for Spence. That's why they're not so concerned about the resulting inactivity.
        Brook fights Spence or gets stripped.

The IBF doesn't allow step asides.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

6:00 .

Told you all that Spence would be told what to do.
          Great news and great decision by the IBF!!

Khan Vs Brook next is clearly logically the only one worth making next but I wonder does neither man have a tune-up fight return at 147 or do they just go straight ahead with fighting each other at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Brook fights Spence or gets stripped.

The IBF doesn't allow step asides.
            Bubble bubble bubble

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
              TBear..and you have warned him in the past
              Stop Snitchin!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Dude, you're such a **** poster.
                He's a GGG fan not a boxing fan. There's a difference. This is all you need to know about him and his type
                Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Ernie Gabion mentioned Slava offered to fight Ward on the Cotto/Canelo undercard and Ward turned him down for that time too in favor of Murdock & Brand....... Then Slava went and had the tough fight with Yuneski Gonzalez. Guess he looked too good.
                Exactly. Shabranksy looked way better against Gonzales than Pascal did, way too dangerous for Ward. Sulli-B didnt really face a top 20 guy in the division yet. I really like Sullivan, he is a good, humble and funny dude, but Shabransky is just so tough and gritty, i think he is easily top 5 in the division already.
                Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                That would be twice Ward turned down fighting Shabransky. If Ward can't handle Shabransky, he better not go around Kovalev, but then he probably already knows that....
                I see Ward winning a close and dirty fight in his backyard against Barrera and ultimately realizing Kovalev would just be too much and Ward suddenly retiring because of some "injury".

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  What don't you understand about spence being mandatory? Which is the whole reason he's waiting for Brook. He wants a fukin title.
                  How long were Martinez and GGG mandatory? money talks....

Comment

WBO and WBC champs were doing that the whole time. I mean, ducking mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                      The IBF follows their rules 100% at all times.

There was no wiggle room in the Fury situation because Duva demanded an immediate purse bid and once she made that demand, it was too late for Fury to ask for an exception.

Duva has publicly bragged it was a strategic move to cause Fury to be stripped.
                      Even though I never really liked Martin, I was so glad Duva's schitty move didn't work out for her. Fury was the legit champion, he deserved that belt and Wlad deserved the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X