Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: $100K ‘KO Of The Night’ Bonus Offered on Ring Kings Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: $100K ‘KO Of The Night’ Bonus Offered on Ring Kings Bill

Tuesday’s press conference in Los Angeles to formally announce the September 15 showdown between Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Josetito Lopez was chock full of reveals.

Three of the four televised slots have been filled. Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer announced plans for live entertainment throughout fight week as well as major musical acts on the Friday and Sunday bookending the September 15 Showtime-televised card at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's great and all, but I'm still going to buy Chavez-Martinez. I'll DVR the Canelo-Lopez card.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
      That's great and all, but I'm still going to buy Chavez-Martinez. I'll DVR the Canelo-Lopez card.
      Im not even watching this mess, I cant afford two ppv's in one night, they are gonna lose money and EVERYONE will see who the bigger star is Chavez or Canelo, and I want chavez to win since gb put on this silly card...I dont wanna hear this trash about, "Martinez is a better opponent than Josito" u should of thought about that when u decided to put Canelo in the rig with the same guy that Jesse vargas beat up..lol

Comment

Boxers already get paid way over what they should, while this does add more it's needed because all fights should end in a KO or have knockdowns in them.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Im not even watching this mess, I cant afford two ppv's in one night, they are gonna lose money and EVERYONE will see who the bigger star is Chavez or Canelo, and I want chavez to win since gb put on this silly card...I dont wanna hear this trash about, "Martinez is a better opponent than Josito" u should of thought about that when u decided to put Canelo in the rig with the same guy that Jesse vargas beat up..lol
          I thought the fights was scrapped for PPV and was going to Showtime Championship boxing? If it's PPV then I'm not buying it either. I'll wait a week for the replay.

Comment

how would the Martinez Chavez fight getting more ppvs prove that Chavez is a bigger star? As it stands the canelo fight is uninteresting because of a poorly picked opponent so I don't see how Chavez doing better numbers would prove anything. Consider that if it were canelo fighting martinez and Chavez fighting Lopez, canelo's fight would have better numbers and using your logic, he would be a bigger star?

Comment

"TELEVISED ON SHOWTIME" not ppv...and how can you say this is a silly card? besides the main event, this card is probably gonna be better than TR.

Comment

Point is, Canelo always poorly picks an opponent. He needs to wake up like Chavez and fight somebody that is a threat (e.g., Lara). Until he can beat or fight competitively against one, enjoy the paper star as is.

Comment

Love the concept gives the guys fighting on the card real incentives to go for the ko.

Comment

Yeah. I'll be watching the card that has Sergio Martinez on it. Canelo and Lopez are good little fighters and all, but I'd rather see a real attraction do his thing. The fact that Saul Alvarez is a really White looking Mexican doesn't do as much for me as it does for other people.

Call me weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X