Who takes Floyd Mayweather vs Carmen Basilio at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who takes Floyd Mayweather vs Carmen Basilio at 147

Who take this?

Carmen Basilio didnt have the skill set to beat a Floyd Mayweather of todays time... and that kinda applies to all of the 40's or 50's and 60's welterweights... Basilio was completely flat footed, and i mean completely flat footed, he threw wide looping punches and could be hit whenever you wanted to hit him.... he would try to slip punches with his hands down, do you know what the **** would happen to him if he did that to Floyd?... probably nothing lol cause he had a hell of a chin but he would be outboxed pretty clearly

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
      Who take this?

This is a good question......at 147 you would prob have to give a slight edge to Basilio.......he was one tough mofo......and floyd was better at 140 and below......

The other thing to consider though is that SRR was still able to get the better of him in their fights when SRR was on the decline IMO.....he was very good but not prime.....to me a prime SRR was 5 or 6 yrs before Basilio fights when he fought Turpin......

Toss up........

The thing about Floyd is that he can be competitive against any type of fighter because of his defense.......there is no particular style matchup that is terrible for Floyd......some are worse than others, but there is no style that would destroy him easily..........

Comment

Carmen Basilio by TKO

Comment

It is a really difficult proposition to try and compare the fighters of 50 plus years ago and today. The skill sets are different, the training is different, diets are different, trainers and fighters utilize more tactics in fights and the style of boxing has changed.

Based on the many physical advantages that fighters today have, including Floyd's conditioning, skills and his tactical approach to fights that he would be a favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
            It is a really difficult proposition to try and compare the fighters of 50 plus years ago and today. The skill sets are different, the training is different, diets are different, trainers and fighters utilize more tactics in fights and the style of boxing has changed.

Based on the many physical advantages that fighters today have, including Floyd's conditioning, skills and his tactical approach to fights that he would be a favorite.

I think he would go in favourite also.....it's very difficult to compare modern era to past era........footage of some of those fighters is deceptive also...

Comment

whos carmen basilio, you talk about him as if hes a known guy..ive never heard of him

Comment

Okay now anyone that picks Basilio I seriously would like to here your logical reason why Basilio would win cause I dont see it... even at 147

1. Flat footed
                2. came straight to you
                3. threw wide looping punches
                4. no defense
                5. hand speed was not there
                6. foot speed was not there
                7. his jab was so fkn slow

I remember when he fought Ray Robinson... there was this moment when he cam forward and jump with a left hook leaving his right hand down, seriously leaping in the air, and basilio didnt have the hand speed or foot speed to do such a thing... and i thought, "my goodness if someone tried that today with a counter puncher they'd land on the canvas"

Comment

basilio gets gatti'd

Comment

floyd would press the action and break him down.

Comment

Working...
                    X