Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all agree Finito Lopez owns the record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Marciano was undefeated AND untied. That's the slight but legit difference between he and others who finished with no losses but a draw or draws.

Like the difference between a perfect game and a no hitter.
    I agree with this. Finito is undefeated technically, but a draw is still a disputed result.

Not a perfect record like Marciano or Floyd's.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      He fought a guy with 28 losses in his 33rd fight as a pro and fought several guys with a handful of fights after that lol.
      = baldomir lol

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        I agree with this. Finito is undefeated technically, but a draw is still a disputed result.
        And Floyd's 49 is eons better than Lopez's 51. Look at who beat who and who accomplished what. People criticize Floyd's opp but while Lopez was settling old matters with former Straws at 108, Floyd was beating Canelo. Imagine if Floyd had that many title defenses against guys with 10-15 pro fights? Lopez was a great fighter but it's not even close in favor of Floyd.

Comment

Marciano was undefeated AND untied. That's the slight but legit difference between he and others who finished with no losses but a draw or draws.

Like the difference between a perfect game and a no hitter.
          Cliff Rold dropping some truth bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            A draw is different than a no contest. A draw means that scorecards were read and that the fight was even. A no contest could mean almost anything.
            Not always true. In Cali a fight stopped before 4 rds for headbutt, cut by accident etc gets turned into a draw. That's why Saul Rodriguez had a draw

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              He doesn't tho

Jimmy Barry was 58-0-10

http://boxrec.com/boxer/46200

But it's "perfect record" not "undefeated record" basically
              Quoted for truth.

Longest winning streak (according to Nigel Collins): 97, Packey McFarland
              http://boxrec.com/boxer/36384

Most wins without a loss: 59, Jimmy Barry
              http://boxrec.com/boxer/46200

Most wins without a loss, draw, or no contest: 49, Mayweather and Marciano

Comment

And Floyd's 49 is eons better than Lopez's 51. Look at who beat who and who accomplished what. People criticize Floyd's opp but while Lopez was settling old matters with former Straws at 108, Floyd was beating Canelo. Imagine if Floyd had that many title defenses against guys with 10-15 pro fights? Lopez was a great fighter but it's not even close in favor of Floyd.
                Fraud fought guys that were old, injured and weight drained, with pillow gloves, hand picked judges with scorecards already filled o out before the fight started, and had the NSAC in his back pocket. Not to mention that he was on PEDs for who knows how long. And to top it all off he fought with his defensive first style that he bored people and that's how he would get his wins.

Speaking of wins, he has 45 of them

Castillo - Loss
                Judah - DQ loss
                De la Hoya - Loss
                Maidana - Loss

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Not always true. In Cali a fight stopped before 4 rds for headbutt, cut by accident etc gets turned into a draw. That's why Saul Rodriguez had a draw
                  Yeah, I think they call it a "technical draw" in California. But to me the word draw implies even and shouldn't be used instead of no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                    Fraud fought guys that were old, injured and weight drained, with pillow gloves, hand picked judges with scorecards already filled o out before the fight started, and had the NSAC in his back pocket. Not to mention that he was on PEDs for who knows how long. And to top it all off he fought with his defensive first style that he bored people and that's how he would get his wins.

Speaking of wins, he has 45 of them

Castillo - Loss
                    Judah - DQ loss
                    De la Hoya - Loss
                    Maidana - Loss
                    I scored Castillo I for Castillo. By a point. Final scores were too wide. Close either way would have been fair. If you think he lost to Oscar, well, he didn't. Didn't lose to Maidana either (though I'd have been fine with a draw). Heard the Judah case. Didn't happen. Nothing in the ring suggested a loss.

By the same token, Lopez probably loses Alvarez I anywhere but Mexico on the Chavez-Gonzalez undercard. The cuts were much worse in the rematch and the fight went on.

Dislike Floyd all you want (and there are plenty of fighters to rate ahead of him all time). But you don't do anything to make a case FOR Lopez. That's just blind loathing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Im a fan of Lopez, but that 'draw' should of been a TKO L.

His corner basically thought Lopez was ahead on the scorecards and said "no more" after Lopez was accidently cut. The doctor didnt really take a look and decide to stop the fight. His corner pulled him out. Lopez was up and ready to continue. But Nacho stopped it.
                      Good job bro, nice work!! I was just about to look up the "draw" myself and make a better assessment because I wasn't aware of how it all played out.

Comment

Working...
                      X